As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The avant-garde InterContinental Genève embodies the refreshing, elevated perspective on luxury art de vivre in the world's City of Peace.
Your day to day
Join us as our Director of Sales M/F
Your main duties will be to:
What we need from you
- Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume.
- Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends.
- Monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
- Develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients.
- Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel.
- Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally.
- Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback. Create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance.
With a higher degree in Hospitality and/or Business Administration, you have minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position in a hotel of the same category and capacity (4- or 5-star, more than 300 rooms). You have an excellent knowledge of the local market and international institutions and/or of the luxury market. Good knowledge of Delphi and Opera is required.
You are fluent in French and English. Mastering a third foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Spain, Russia) is highly desirable.
Benefitting from strong communication and negotiation skills, you are a proactive and efficient team-player and are acknowledged for your excellent relationship with your clients and your colleagues. Result-oriented and well-organized, you are passionate about your job and used to work in a fast-paced environment. This position is to be filled as of Mid-May 2020 and is opened for Swiss citizens and EU passport holders. What we offer
We'll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits - including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you'll become part of the global IHG family - and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together - we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve - visit www.http://careers.ihg.com
to find out more about us.