You have no new notifications
As Director of Sales & Marketing you will develop and implement strategies to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Hit all personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability
· Help prepare the departmental budget and financial plans including the hotel marketing plan
· Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
· Produce monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
· Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
· Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
· Manage daily sales activities, plan and assign work ensuring you always have the right staffing numbers
· Develop your team and improve their performance through coaching and feedback, and create performance and development goals for colleagues - recognize good performance
· Train colleagues to make sure they hit hotel revenue goals to the standards we expect and have the tools they need to work effectively
· Recommend or initiate any HR elated actions where needed
· Drive a great working environment for teams to thrive – connect departments to create sense of one team
· Interact with outside contacts: guests, vendors, and other contacts as needed
· Develop and maintain great working relationships with key clients and outside contacts to increase revenue
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
· Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
· Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests
· Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.
· Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high-profile exposure for the hotel
· Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities
· Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
· Raise the awareness and reputation of your hotel and the brand locally – occasionally acting as hotel representative for media related enquire
· Identify improvements to marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with other departments
· Ad-hoc duties – unexpected moments when we have to pull together to get a task done
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements :
· Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification / equivalent in sales/marketing or related field.
· Mandatory Luxury hotel experience
· Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required.
· Computer literate with effective and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Local Language is added advantage.