You have no new notifications
Set on a lush clifftop overlooking the turquoise waters of the Gulf of Oman, the dazzling Crowne Plaza Muscat with a panoramic terrace, infinity pool and a private beach is just a 20 mins drive from the International Airport.
The hotel features 200 stylish looking rooms offering modern amenities. Our array of F&B outlets feature a buffet restaurant popular for its theme nights and 2 specialty a-la-carte restaurants offering Persian and Italian dishes. Moreover, the Irish style pub – Dukes Bar is well known for the Friday roasts and elaborate portions of juicy meat cuts.
You may also choose to re-energize in our cliff club fitness center, challenge your friends or partners to a game of tennis or squash or de-stress in the sauna or steam room with our compliments.
The Crowne Plaza Muscat certainly is an ideal and convenient choice for your upcoming stay.
Your day to day
· Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximize profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotels marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans
· Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales
· Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyze current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual sales meet or exceed established revenue plan
· Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotels to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales opportunities for the hotels
· Coordinates sales and promotes business for the other IHG hotels within the region. Interacts with worldwide regional sales offices with particular attention to local office. Keeps strong working relationships with counterparts from the immediate region
· Direct day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for the team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance and recognize good performance
· Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotels revenue goals. Ensure colleague has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties
· Develop and maintain relationships with the key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airlines, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banqueting services
· Provide guest with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience
· Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotels and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients
· Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIPs, large groups, and other key guests
· Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotels services, offerings, and amenities
· Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotels sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotels and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotels representative for media related inquiries
· Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotels
· Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximize advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity
What we need from you
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.
Each hotel brand delivers True Hospitality in their own way, and at the heart of it all are specific, core service skills.
•True Attitude: being caring, wanting to make a positive difference, and building genuine connections with guests
•True Confidence: having the knowledge and skills to perform your role, and giving guests the confidence that they can trust you, to help and support them during their stay
•True Listening: focusing on what your guest is saying, picking up on body language that is often overlooked, and understanding what the guest wants and needs
•True Responsiveness: is about providing guests with what they need, and doing so in a timely and caring manner
The statements in this job description are intended to represent the key duties and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
What we offer