The role is responsible for the procurement & logistic/cargo function of the Company which includes and/or relates to establishing group purchasing strategies, logistic/cargo management, vendor negotiations and management, maintaining procurement & inventory systems and making assessment & analysis to improve process & cost efficiency while maintaining good quality products purchased to ultimately drive a profitable operation.
This is not a typical purchasing role, and the Director of Procurement & Logistics requires to have commercial & sales attributes as he/she will not only manage vendors but also manage internal team to participate in group procurement programs.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies, procurement activities and long-term strategies that support Company’s business objectives.
- Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal departments, and support groups.
- Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
- Ensure execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures, and performance metrics to manage the acquisition and reporting effectively and efficiently to the Executive Directors & CFO as well provide reporting requirement of analysis across the company.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies to identify cost improvement opportunities.
- Build market intelligence capabilities report and identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
- Ensure good/ethical business practices implemented and being properly followed including performing independent check/audit on vendors background and assist the Audit Dept. in audit works.
Inventory & Logistic Management
- Develop strategies in inventory management and logistics area to enhance operational efficiencies and deliver business objectives with appropriate metrics and measurements.
- Managed inventory management system to standardize the list at the central purchasing office & resorts. Reviewing and enhance/optimize Inventory management & processes to reduce inventory on hands and the supply chain process for cost efficiency.
- Identify operational inefficiencies and made recommendations for process improvement as best practices across the Company for receiving goods and distributions to resorts.
- Must have MQA Level 7 (a bachelor’s degree) or above qualification, preferably in Procurement, or Supply Chain
- Minimum of 10 years’ procurement experience including 5 years in management role at regional role ideally from hotel industry with the following responsibilities:
- Sourcing, negotiations and purchasing goods for rooms amenities, F&B, engineering,
boats & building materials.
- Inventory management, logistics/cargo, importations of goods
- Drafting & reviewing contracts and rebates management
- Logistics management in remote set up like Maldives
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to direct others according to company standards
- Exemplary multitasking and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Highly energetic, positive, enthusiastic, and creative in nature
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.