Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You'll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for oversight and direction of assigned Food and Beverage departments including financial management, maintaining all company standards, strategic planning, participation in global and divisional initiatives, and partnering with key departments. Utilize situational (SWOT) analysis and execute long term plans.
- Lead and oversee the daily operation of assigned Food and Beverage departments with a focus on staffing, revenue and margin generation, controls, and performance. Coordinate with park duty managers to address concerns. Responsible for the overall Guest and Team Member experience, communication of goals and expectations, and ensuring operating and safety standards are maintained. Interact with Team Members, Guests, and key partners. Monitor equipment and infrastructure needs, generate growth and efficiency objectives and plans.
- Partner with key departments including, Shared Services, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development, Human Resources, Finance, Industrial Engineering, Tech Services, Visual, Security/Loss Prevention, Park Operations, Catering, Special Events, EHS, Entertainment; strategic planning, financial analysis and planning, budgets, inventory control, sanitation and safety, training and development, staffing, employee relations, menu planning and analysis, Capital planning, project work, event planning and execution, catering support, Talent Review planning. Attend key meetings as necessary.
- Drive development of the management team through continuous training and role modeling. Partner with all UO divisions in creating synergies that drive overall company goals and increased revenues. Achieve TSAT goals and objectives. Develop and implement TSAT action plans to drive and maintain engagement.
- Own F&B Human Resources issues - Open Door appeals, coaching and development, performance reviews, IDP documentation, one on one time with staff and team members, 360 evaluations, organizational development.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SCOPE: This role supervises a large divisional team including an Exempt supervisory leadership team, Exempt management and non-supervisory hourly full-time, casual, and seasonal classifications of Team Members.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business/Hospitality is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- 10+ Years: General Manager/Director/Executive experience/ Restaurant and or Specialty Entertainment Center/Theme Park experience.
- Strong communication/ financial, budgeting and p&l experience/ multi-unit responsibilities/ high volume/ cross discipline, succession planning, proven track record and accomplishments.
- Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE