Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Are you looking to work at an exciting, iconic Lake Geneva area resort that has mastered the art of guest service? Then The Abbey Resort is The Lake Geneva Experience you are looking for! We aim to hire individuals who are ready and committed to Be The Difference by creating memorable experiences in the lives of all we serve.
As part of the Benchmark Pyramid global hospitality and Abbey Resort family you are considered to be a 'transformational agent' for our guests and 'the best of the best'! You will have the opportunity to join an incredibly talented team at an all service resort situated on the beautiful shores of Geneva Lake. Our property mission is to exceed guests' expectations by genuinely creating lasting memories through our commitment to maintaining positive attitudes, providing outstanding service and superior accommodations.
Every Guest, Every Employee, Every Time!
We offer an array of great benefits for all Abbey employees including on property discounts in the Waterfront Shop, Waterfront and 240 West Restaurants, Café Latte, Avani Spa and Salon, as well as discounted room rates for friends and family. We also offer on the job training, uniforms, recognition programs, housing options, free parking, and free employee meals through our Employee Galley.
Scheduled hours may vary based on business needs and may or may not include holidays, weekends, various shifts, overtime or reduced hours in order to properly support overall operations. We're always ready to lend a helping hand, as such, you would be required to perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
If you are ready to come Be The Difference - apply now!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for a creative leader and someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team as a Sous Chef . This individual must have extensive experience working in a high-volume professional kitchen and/or be a college graduate in the culinary arts. This individual must be creative, motivated, and a passionate hands-on leader in the kitchen! Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of work with creative menus which reflect seasonal availability based on the concept of the restaurant , responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, and enjoys being a teacher of the culinary arts supporting their team both personally and professionally.
The Sous Chef will assist with planning and execution of the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable competitive quality products.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills, the skills of your team and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will attract, retain, and motivate the best culinary talent
- You will act in the absence of the executive chef to complete the daily ordering using the current par levels for all outlets, employee cafeteria and banquets.
- You may be required to perform any function within the culinary department (cook, steward etc)
- You will conduct daily walk throughs of the kitchen, make recommendations for corrections, repairs, cleanliness concerns and improvements if needed.
- You will conduct daily meetings with the team to ensure their preparation, communicating all pertinent information
- You will attend weekly F&B meetings, BEO meetings, leadership meetings, monthly safety meeting and represent the culinary team
- You will be the example that the culinary team follows
- You will manage the finances of the department, analyze, and control costs and manage the budget to achieve a profitable operation
- You will have thorough knowledge of food allergens and handles any guest with food allergies with a high sense of urgency
- You will work with the culinary team to ensure prep sheets are updated and being properly used daily
- You will guide the nightly cleaning of all kitchen areas, follow up with pm stewarding crew to ensure dish area is clean and organized for the following days service
- You will assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing, and implementation of (seasonal) menus and special menus
Your Environment: Indoors with artificial lighting, outdoor environment for events, exposed to high heat temperatures and uneven surfaces. Occasionally exposed to slippery surfaces, loud noises and cold cooler/freezer temperatures.
What are we looking for?
The right person will be show excellent customer service and leadership skills, must be passionate about both service and cultivating a team atmosphere, and should thoroughly enjoy creating excellent experiences for our customers.
In addition, the right candidate match should have or be able to:
- The Sous Chef would ideally be a college graduate in the culinary arts.
- Be familiar with basic and advance cooking method.
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
- Have a 3+ years' experience as a cook in a high volume professional kitchen
- Must have basic allergy knowledge
- Must have full knowledge of correct cooking temperatures of all vegetables and proteins, must be able to provide cutting tools needed to perform job as well as a calibrated food grade thermometer.
- Must have full knowledge of the state's health codes as well as the eco sure food safety and health report
- Active Food handler's certification
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.