Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho's success by the general preparation and serving of assigned hot menu items, the cleanliness and organization of workstation. The individual must develop a sense of color, plating and taste, as most of the work is oriented toward eye appeal as well as taste
What you will have an opportunity to do:
- Assist in preparing items in assigned area, following designated recipes and production sheets. Required to work long hours standing in one area and in extreme heat. Must be able to work on slippery surfaces, and work well under pressure.
- Assist in the breakdown and cleaning of the station at the end of a meal and the end of a shift. Avoid waste through the proper preparation and storage of food.
- Maintain high level of sanitation, organization, and cleanliness. Responsible for compliance with Maricopa County Health Dept. regulations on assigned station at all times. (i.e.: approved drink containers, utilizing sanitizer, refrigerator temperatures, etc.)
- Give proper use and care to equipment furnished by The Hotel Valley Ho.
- Be familiar with Hotel Valley Ho guidelines and procedures, and conduct yourself accordingly. Always project a positive attitude and a spirit of teamwork. Respects the priorities of others.
- Perform any job-related task as directed by the supervisor.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Need basic kitchen experience. Must be capable of handling knives, mixers, and items generally found in the kitchen environment.
- Willingness to learn, ability to follow directions, and develop own skills.
- Must be able to work well with people under pressure.
- Must be able to work quickly and safely.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
What are we looking for?
Qualifications: Education, Knowledge, Training & Work Experience
- Two year's experience in heavy volume food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience/training.
- Must have current Washington Food Worker Card.
- Ability to operate kitchen power equipment.
- Ability to utilize cutting instruments.
- Ability to transport, handle and/or lift 40 lbs. (NOTE: kitchen equipment and food and non-food items).
- Ability to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Ability to work any assigned shift/work schedule.
- Additional duties assigned by Management.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.