The Cluster Head Housekeeper is responsible for ensuring the operation of the housekeeping and laundry department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
- Monitors Housekeeping personnel to ensure all guests and internal customers receive prompt and courteous service.
- Oversees laundry operations.
- Schedules routine inspections of all Housekeeping areas by/with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper/ Housekeeping Supervisor and other supervisory personnel.
- Inspects guest and public areas on a regular basis to ensure that the furnishings, facilities, and equipment are clean and in good repair.
- Manages spring cleaning schedules.
- Assists and provides financial guidance in the formulation and implementation of Strategic Plan and Budget.
- Analyses financial and management reports with regards to housekeeping, laundry, public area and chemical in your department.
- Makes recommendations to the Cluster General Manager or designates regarding the upkeep of furnishings, facilities, and equipment, ensuring they are clean and in good repair.
- Informs other departments of Housekeeping matters that concern them, particularly the Laundry Department, the Engineering Department, the Front Office, and the Food and Beverage department. Maintains open channels of communication with other department heads and the Cluster General Manager (GM) or Cluster GM’s designate.
- Identifies staff with potential for promotion and/or transfer within housekeeping department.
- Establishes and maintains effective human relations and works with human resources to ensure that team members’ performance is effectively managed.
- Maintains appropriate standards for dress, hygiene, uniforms, appearance, posture and conduct of Housekeeping personnel.
- Conducts regular department meetings.
- Identifies and ensures highest possible standard of cleanliness, maintenance, guest room supplies and amenities at a realistic costs.
- Supervises outside contractors to ensure contractual compliance.
- Implements and controls Housekeeping procedures that provide for the health and safety of personnel and guests, such as lost and found service, key control, security and emergency procedures and environmental procedures.
- Maintains a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintains and enhances the open door policy to all associates providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Is responsible for People leadership of direct reports (recruitment and selection, performance management (Appraisal/PDP), associate development and motivation, counselling / disciplinary issues.
- Conducts regular coaching sessions/1:1s with direct reports.
- Ensures that your department is fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensures that the administration of the probation review process in your department and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner and results of both follow-up and the initial reviews are communicated to all relevant parties
- Talent Reviews taken place as per the communicated timeline and are live in the business
- Ensures 100% compliance with all mandatory training for department as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Controls the LTO, Absence and Payroll in your department departmentsin conjunction with the HR Leader on property.
- Ensures that you dine in the Team member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Supports WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events.
- Chairs/Conducts regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducts documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Shares all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Attends Business Review Meeting / Quarterly Hotel Meeting
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- A minimum of 2-4 years’ experience working as Cluster Head Housekeeper at any 4/5 star international hotels.
- Preferably experience in a branded international hotel chain
- Fluent in English
- Ability to manage a team
- Self-motivated, reliable and willing to work flexible hours.
- Demonstrated high level computer literacy skills, word processing packages and various computer applications.
- Pre-opening experience is a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira, Plot 3 Deira Waterfront, Dubai, Dubai N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.