Attention: MUST SPEAK & WRITE GREEK!
A well-known and reputable humane-centric hotel management and owning company in Greece, operating 5* luxury resorts in Crete and Santorini, plans regional expansion as a 3rd party hotel management company.
The company is implementing and applying performance management to achieve this goal.
We are looking for a
Hotel Cluster Financial Controller
(presently, three hotels in Crete and Santorini, each 5-star)
who will be part of the three hotel Performance Management teams,
reporting to the CFO of the company.
This career opportunity is ideal for Greek-speaking hotel financial experts who are now working abroad with brand-managed hotels as an expatriate and are looking to return home to reunite with family, seeking a long-term career that allows for life-work balance while enjoying excellent salary and benefits.
Those who excel in their work and decide to make Crete their home base can, in the future, further develop their career with the newly formed hotel management company.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: You must speak and write Greek fluently, have the legal right to live and work in Greece, have gained international hotel experience with brand-managed hotels as a property-based Financial Controller, and have expertise and knowledge of USALI. Please only apply if you meet these minimum requirements. Candidates with experience gained in the Greek market only or who have not worked with brand-managed hotels will not be considered.
We are seeking a Hotel Cluster Financial Controller for a hotel management company presently operating three hotels in Crete and Santorini in Greece.
This position is to be employed, either on one of the properties in Crete or Santorini or at the company headquarters in Heraklion, and responsible for (presently) all three properties (this is not a home-based or remote position).
Each hotel is staffed with a junior Financial Controller, or Income Auditor, reporting to the Hotel Cluster Financial Controller. The position is supported by an accounting and financial analysis team located at headquarters in Heraklion. The reporting line is to the CFO.
Location of employment: Heraklion, Crete, Greece
DUTIES & OBLIGATIONS
- Responsible for supporting and liaising with the hotel General Managers in meeting the organisation’s strategic goals.
- Responsible for preparing and reviewing annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and operating results.
- Responsible for verifying all financial reports and ensuring that all transactions are accurate and in compliance with local government regulations.
- Responsible for liaising with the hotel owners and COO of the organisation.
- Defining and applying controlling policies per corporate policy.
- Able to prepare and submit management reports on time and ensure delivery deadlines.
- Able to effectively implement all accounting policies and procedures.
- Able to ensure a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard hotel assets.
- Able to assist proactively with cost control requirements.
- Able to assist with revenue enhancement possibilities.
- Able to assist with profit improvement opportunities for hotel operations.
- Able to develop specific goals and plans to prioritise, organise, and accomplish the work.
- Assists in the building of an efficient and professional team of employees within the Finance and Accounting Department.
- Monitors all local tax compliance that applies and ensures that taxes are charged correctly and collected.
- File the local tax with the concerned authority on a monthly/regular basis.
- Monitor and improve the hotel's operation costs and profitability and manage business risks.
- Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Achieves and exceeds goals, including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Oversees internal, external, and regulatory audit processes.
- Conduct regular weekly finance department meetings.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognising the contributions of team members.
- Provides excellent leadership by differentiating top performers, fostering teamwork, and encouraging work/life balance.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees.
- Ensures employees establish and maintain open, collaborative relationships within their team.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed.
- Responsible for ensuring disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to the hotel's standards.
- Suggests improvements in finance and controlling.
- Follows professional literature and proposes and implements business policy within the scope of Financial Controlling activities.
- Leads and participates in projects.
- Actively takes care of the training, knowledge exchange, and knowledge transfer to associates.
- Any other tasks as and when required by the management.
- Speaks and writes Greek and English fluently and has excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Min. 5 years of professional training gained up to property-based Financial Controller.
- Must have experience with brand-managed hotels (not franchised nor independent hotels) with brands such as Marriott™, Hilton™, IHG™, and Accor™, in financial controlling.
- USALI trained, ideally by its 11th version.
- Fully versed with Microsoft applications Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and can create/structure tabular spreadsheets.
- Hands-on experience in F&B and/or night auditor and income auditor.
- Ideally, working knowledge of back offices or accounting systems like Sun™, SAP™, and Fairmas™.
- Ideally, knowledge of Hotel Software or Property Management Systems like FIDELIO™, OPERA™, Protel™, etc...
- Excellent financial/business decision-making.
- Analytical skills and very well-organised.
- BA in hotel management from a leading (inter) national hotel educational institute.
- Or qualified Charted Accountant (CA) or have a bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or a similar major.
- Full-time employment without seasonal interruption.
- Competitive base salary from net € 3,5K per month (14 x per year).
- Competitive bonuses and benefits
- Applicants who do not have the legal right to live and work in the EU will not be considered.
- You must speak and write both Greek and English.
- Only apply via the link in the advertisement, do not apply via email or by calling/emailing the recruiter directly.
- Please read the advertisement with care before you submit your application.
- Please only apply when you meet the requirements of this career opportunity. Speculative applications will be declined.
- Applications that meet the job requirements will be longlisted and receive a self-assessment form to be completed.
- The final shortlist of applicants will be invited for a video interview, which may take up to 3 sessions.
- Hire is earliest from February, latest, March 2023.
- All applicants will also be notified of their application status when declined.