Wyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel Deira is now seeking a Cluster Assistant Director of Sales to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The Cluster Assistant Director of Sales , reporting to the Cluster Director of Sales & Marketing (CDOSM), is there to ensure the hotel is very well positioned in the market and to carry out a comprehensive sales activity in all corporate and travel houses.
- To lead the sales team and provide all guidance to achieve room nights/F&B Target.
- To carry a regular sales call along with the sales team and monitor all call activity.
- Make sure revenue target is achieved in line.
- Make a regular sales call to top producing accounts and solicit new accounts.
- Follow competitor’s activity and advice the management accordingly.
- Entertain top producing accounts in the hotel and make sure they are acquainted with the hotel.
- Make sure the hotel is exposed in the international Hospitality media and regular press release is sent, whenever event is happening at the hotel.
- Assists Cluster DOSM to motivate the sales team especially during tough time and give proper training.
- Directs all sales activities of the sales personnel to ensure that they meet the goals of the sales plan.
- Plan and priorities sales activity and customer contact prospect toward achieving agreed business, including managing departmental expenses.
- Assists Cluster DOSM as appropriate in coordinating all methods of maintaining and increasing business volume. This includes the analysis of the changing market trends, sales promotion, personal selling.
- Makes sure all outstanding payments are collected from local and international market.
- Maintain good customer data base and to promote the sales of the hotel.
- Meets with all influential clients and ensures post meeting evaluations are conducted.
- Make sure the hotel rates are updated in major distribution channels and of course to all travel agents and tour operators.
- To keep daily contact with the front office and see the status of hotel occupancy and advice the sales team to take all necessary action.
- Assists Cluster DOSM to recruit, manage train and motivate direct reporting sales staff according to company procedures, policy and recruitment law.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations.
- Establish and maintain files on major hotel accounts.
- Make sure all corporate companies are provided with a proper rate and updated accordingly.
- Organizes and accompanies site inspection trips to hotel by major clients.
- Disseminate sales related information to other departments as appropriate.
- Maintains a high level of exposure for the hotel locally and internationally and major areas through sales solicitation, telephone contact and written communications.
- Plan and manage internal communication and awareness of corporate direction, mission aims and activities.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Maintaining a business environment based on the Code of Conduct and Company Vision
- Maintain and enhance the open door policy to all team members providing advice and guidance when needed in regards to their issues or concerns and/or grievances
- Ensures that your department is fully compliant with Wyndham people processes and deadlines that govern all Wyndham properties. E.g. AES, Success Matters, Probation reviews etc.
- Ensures that the administration of the probation review process in your department and ensure that follow-up for all issues is done in timely manner
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for department as well as the Departmental Trainers are positively encouraged
- Ensures that you dine in the Team member restaurant at least three times a week and provide HR Leader on property feedback
- Supports WeCom with quarterly People, Community and Sustainability engagement events
- To conduct or chair regular communication meetings with team(s) and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Conducted weekly documented 121’s with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with Cluster DOSM in weekly 121’s
- Monthly HOD Meeting
- Quarterly all Hotel Meeting
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good communication skills both oral and written
- Attention to details
- Strong Commercial skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Problem solving skills
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION & EDUCATION
- Ideally 2 to 3 years as Cluster Assistant Director of Sales in the 4/5 star hotel
- Ideally Degree/Diploma in a Marketing/Business Administration or any related field
- Hotel industry work experience demonstrating progressive career growth and a pattern of exceptional performance
- Ability to manage team
- Proficiency in property management system
- Strong media, presentation and computer skills
- Strong understanding of the UAE (Deira) market
- Pre-opening experience is a plus
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the business, make hotel travel possible for all.
Our hotel owners are the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our robust portfolio—distinguished by our leading economy and midscale brands—delivers just that.
Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members worldwide.
Job Location: Wyndham Dubai Deira, Plot 3 Deira Waterfront, Dubai, Dubai N/A
Employment Status: Full-time
In some locations around the world, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts manages hotel properties on behalf of a third party owner. At many of those properties, the Hotel owner is the actual employer, and Wyndham Hotels & Resorts performs recruiting and hiring functions on behalf of the owner. I understand and agree that, by applying through this site, I may be applying for a position with a company other than Wyndham Hotels & Resorts where Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is serving only as the recruiter and will not be my actual employer.