Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Manor Vail Lodge is one of Vail's original and iconic properties. With studio, one, two and three-bedroom condominiums plus luxury penthouses, Manor Vail Lodge is a full-service condominium property that features all the amenities of a full-service hotel, including two outdoor heated swimming pools, four hot tubs, spa, fitness center, The Fitz Bar and new restaurant, Ridge + River. Located steps from Vail Village, Golden Peak ski area, Betty Ford Alpine Gardens, and the Ford Amphitheater, Manor Vail Lodge is the complete package for Vail lodging.
-The Sous Chef works with the Executive Sous Chef to ensure that the afternoon, evening, and banquets crew function seamlessly as a team in the consistent delivery of excellent food that meets the specifications and quality requirements. The Sous Chef acts as a kitchen supervisor at all times, co-leading the kitchen when the Chef is present and assuming sole responsibility for all aspects of kitchen operations in the Chef's absence.
-earns between $29.50-$31.50/hr
-Benefits available: Health Care benefits (medical, dental, and vision), Retirement Benefits with a company match program, PTO benefits which include vacation, sick time, holidays, and CO leave/FMLA leave plans, Life Insurance, Accident and Critical Illness plans, Discount Room Nights at Benchmark properties and Parking.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
We are looking for a leader and someone passionate about the culinary arts to join our Culinary team as a Sous Chef . This individual must have extensive experience working in a high-volume professional kitchen and be a college graduate in the culinary arts. This individual must be creative, motivated, and a passionate hands-on leader in the kitchen! Successful candidates for this role will have a proven track record of work with creative menus which reflect seasonal availability based on the concept of the restaurant , responds in a professional and courteous manner to guests and team, and enjoys being a teacher of the culinary arts supporting their team both personally and professionally.
The Sous Chef will assist with planning and execution of the daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food for the hotel in a safe, sanitary work environment which conforms to all standards and regulations and achieves profitable competitive quality products.
If you have a passion for the Culinary arts and are looking to join a team where you can develop your skills, the skills of your team and grow a career, then we want you!
- You will attract, retain, and motivate the best culinary talent
- You will act in the absence of the executive chef to complete the daily ordering using the current par levels for all outlets, employee cafeteria and banquets.
- You may be required to perform any function within the culinary department (cook, steward etc)
- You will conduct daily walk throughs of the kitchen, make recommendations for corrections, repairs, cleanliness concerns and improvements if needed.
- You will conduct daily meetings with the team to ensure their preparation, communicating all pertinent information
- You will attend weekly F&B meetings, BEO meetings, leadership meetings, monthly safety meeting and represent the culinary team
- You will be the example that the culinary team follows
- You will manage the finances of the department, analyze, and control costs and manage the budget to achieve a profitable operation
- You will have thorough knowledge of food allergens and handles any guest with food allergies with a high sense of urgency
- You will work with the culinary team to ensure prep sheets are updated and being properly used daily
- You will guide the nightly cleaning of all kitchen areas, follow up with pm stewarding crew to ensure dish area is clean and organized for the following days service
- You will assist the Executive Chef in the creation, costing, and implementation of (seasonal) menus and special menus
What are we looking for?
- The Sous Chef would ideally be a college graduate in the culinary arts.
- Be familiar with basic and advance cooking method.
- Must be able to work long hours including weekends and holidays.
- Have a 3+ years' experience as a cook in a high volume professional kitchen
- Must have basic allergy knowledge
- Must have full knowledge of correct cooking temperatures of all vegetables and proteins, must be able to provide cutting tools needed to perform job as well as a calibrated food grade thermometer.
- Must have full knowledge of the state's health codes as well as the eco sure food safety and health report
- Active Food handler's certification
- Requires strong organizational skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds
- At least 21 years of age
- Have a desire to exceed expectations
- An energetic personality
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.