You have no new notifications
Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa was newly built from the ground up in 2014. The Resort offers spacious guest rooms and suites ranging from 51 up to 270 square meters, several restaurants and bars, Banqueting area, a modern spa & fitness center with Russian sauna, a tennis court and as well as the largest swimming pool in Seychelles with an area of 700 square meters.
Savoy Seychelles Resort & Spa is located on the northwest coast of Mahe, the largest island of the archipelago, on the famous Beau Vallon beach, which stretches for several kilometers along the Beau Vallon bay.
We are in search of an experienced Demi chef de partie (Chinese cuisine professional).
Scope of position:
To perform Food preparation services (Chinese cuisine mostly) as per Departmental SOPs.
- Implement food preparation and serving areas to ensure observance of safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking.
- Season and cook food according to recipes or personal and supervisor’s judgment and experience.
- Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils.
- Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Empowers associates to provide excellent customer service. Ensures associates understand expectations and parameters.
- Observes service behaviors of associates and provide feedback to individuals; continuously strives to improve service performance.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with associates. Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Helps associates receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons.
- Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with all F&B policies, standards and procedures.
- Assists Executive Chef and Sous Chef with all kitchen operations.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state and federal (OSHA, ASI and Health Department) regulations.
- Calculates accurate theoretical and weighted food costs.
- Estimates daily production needs and communicates production needs to kitchen personnel daily.
- Supports procedures for food & beverage portion and waste controls.
- Assists in maintaining associate cafeteria operation and food quality standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Participates in training the Restaurant and Catering staff on menu items including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
- Purchases appropriate supplies and manage inventories according to budget.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Interacts with guests/customers, community, Company representatives, vendors and local education systems as needed.
- Trains associates in safety procedures and supervises their ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on associate accidents.
- Experience in Kitchen department minimum 3 years
- Practical knowledge of Chinese cuisine
- Good knowledge of English language
- Commitment to delivering exceptional guest service with a passion for the hospitality industry
- Ability to find creative solutions with proven problem-solving capabilities offering support where required
- Personal integrity, with the ability to work in an environment that demands excellence, time and energy
- Strong communication skills