About Jumeirah and Madinat Jumeirah Resort:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated signature dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 25 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage. The resort comprises of three grand boutique hotels: Jumeirah Mina A’Salam, Jumeirah Al Qasr, Jumeirah Al Naseem and a collection of 29 traditional summer houses known as
Jumeirah Dar Al Masyaf. In addition, there’s seven exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 50 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, a leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa and the Talise Fitness health club.
About the Job:
As Bartender, you will provide a friendly, professional, and efficient bar service ensuring maximum guest satisfaction in a manner consistent with MJ standards, maintain an efficient workflow by adhering to the sequence of service, and practice detailed SOPs in the F&B Standards Manual.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Identify & meet customer needs and expectations correctly, including those with special needs, and provide appropriate products, services, or information.
- Meet all reasonable needs and requests of customers within specified time frames.
- Identify and take all opportunities to enhance the quality of service.
- Recognise customer dissatisfaction promptly and take action to resolve the situation according to individual level of responsibility and MJ customer feedback/ complaint procedures.
- Aid colleagues when required, to ensure designated work goals are met.
- Demonstrate trust, support, and respect towards team members in day-to-day work activities.
- Conduct communication with customers and colleagues in a polite, professional, and friendly manner.
- Practice high standards of personal presentation in accordance with JI & MJ Grooming & Presentation Standards
- Seek assistance from other team members, supervisors and managers when required.
- Masters all aspects of the resort beverage standards manual and able to produce the 50 most common global beverages.
- Takes orders from customers and Waiter/Waitress in a timely, professional, and friendly manner.
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks according to Beverage Recipes.
- Serves alcoholic & non-alcoholic beverages according to defined standards.
- Collects money for drinks served and process financial transactions according to JI cashiering procedures.
- Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies utilizing the FBM system.
- Arranges bottles and glasses attractively.
- Slices and pit fruit for garnishing drinks.
- Replenishes bar snacks such as chips, pretzels, and nuts.
- Ensures that all stock is established as per par levels and stored according to JI Food Hygiene Standards.
- Ensures that the mis-en-place of the bar i.e., condiments, tray cloths, cocktail napkins etc. are ready for service as per the requirements of the individual outlet and expected business level requirements prior to opening.
- Ensures that the guest is presented with the correct order and that all drinks are prepared and served as agreed in the standard operating procedures.
- Maintains a complete knowledge of cocktails, beverages, and wines to advise the guests and colleagues when necessary.
- Undertakes opening, closing & cleaning tasks as detailed on checklists.
- Informs Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager of any stock losses, problems, or unavailable items.
- Assists in the stocktaking of beverages and operating equipment.
- Coordinates with Stewarding to ensure equipment and bar area is always kept hygienically clean and tidy and sufficient glassware is available for the levels of business.
- Controls and rotate stock on a FIFO (first in first out) system.
- Ensures the checking of expiration dates and that all perishable garnishes are stored and recorded in designated storage area.
- Displays a responsible attitude towards the service of alcohol to ensure minors are not served and intoxicated guest are politely refused service.
- Demonstrates some ability & independence in problem solving.
- Communicates details of complaints or issues that could result in complaints, loss of business, productivity or profit to the Outlet Manager or Beverage Manager.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date temperature records for all fridge units within the bar whilst on duty.
- Completes all cashiering paperwork according to Jumeirah International cashiering procedures.
- Reviews the notice board and outlet briefing sheets on a daily basis to be well informed of hotel events, city information, sold-out items, daily specials and any other information that may be relevant to the job.
- Completes cleaning, opening & closing checklists when instructed by senior colleagues.
- Assists in recording inventories/ stock-takes as required.
- Performs side duties including folding napkins, rolling silverware, cleaning trays, restocking shelves, filling ice bins, cleaning and breaking down service area, using cleaning compounds, and other duties as required.
- Reports any possible theft or misuse of Resort property immediately to a member of management.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Outlet Manager/ Assistant Manager/ Team Leader or Senior Management.
- Assists in the “general beverage knowledge” staff training.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 2 years bartending experience in a 5-star hotel
- Fluent in English, additional language is desired.
- Ability to describe main spirit category, technical beverage training certificate is desired.
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, accommodation, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.