The overall scope of the job includes serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction.
- Responsible to Assistant Bar Manager/ Bar Supervisor
- Responsible for Barman/ Barmaid & Host/ Hostess
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- All duties and tasks are performed as per the tasks required at the outlet.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel
- Have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all food and beverage items offered by the department assigned.
- Have the knowledge and understanding to explain and perform up-selling all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organized at all times.
- Successfully perform opening and closing procedures established for the assigned outlet
- Handle guest inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner and report guest complaints and feedback to supervisors.
- Report guest complaints immediately to the supervisors and ensuring follow up is performed with the guest.
- Being knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the rules & regulations established in the hotel’s policy manual and the hotel’s policy on fire, hygiene, health & safety.
- Maintain a good rapport and work relation with staff in the assigned department and within the hotel.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings scheduled.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Assist in carrying out scheduled inventories of products and operating equipment.
- Perform any other assigned reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project at all times a positive and motivated attitude and exercise self-control.
- Have a complete understanding of the monthly profit and loss statement of the department.
- Be able to lead the service and act as a role model to the team.
- Be able to ensure a flawless service to the highest standards and as required by the department and the hotel.
- Fully understand the concept of the restaurant and being able to act as a guardian in terms of service provided, food and beverages served and the guidance of the team.
- Be able to ensure a great communication within the team and able to hold team meetings in the absence of the Assistant Bar Manager.
- Attend the daily Food & Beverage Meeting in the absence of the Bar Manager and Assistant Bar Manager.
- Be very knowledgeable about all service procedures of the bars, lounges and restaurants in the hotel.
- Have an excellent understanding of food in general, ingredients and preparations to ensure the right drinks, cocktails and spirit can be recommended.
- Have an excellent understanding of classic cocktails, their recipes and history.
- Have an excellent understanding of today’s cocktail trends as well as spirits and liqueurs.
- Be able to control stocks, produce efficient costing of cocktails and spirits as well as perform excellent recommendations to guests.
- Be knowledgeable of the preparation of a large number of classic cocktails and all standard long drinks.
- Be able to develop new recipes based on guest requests.
- Be able to fully comply to the beverage guidelines given by the hotel and management.
- Show an interest to develop and explore the local bar culture and knowing the places to go.
- Be able to run a bar from A-Z with all mise in place preparations, production of cocktails, cashiering as well as shift end duties.
- Have accomplished all internal trainings for up selling techniques, complaint handling and product knowledge.
- Understand bar culture and the night life scene.
- Continuously train on cocktails and trends.
- International etiquette
- Results oriented
Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. English is a must, Additional language is beneficial.