Job Number 23014691
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Prepare drink orders for guests according to specified recipes using measuring systems. Issue, open, and serve wine/champagne bottles. Set up and maintain cleanliness and condition of bar, bar unit, tables, and other tools. Prepare fresh garnishes for drinks. Stock ice, glassware, and paper supplies. Transport supplies to bar set-up area. Wash soiled glassware. Remove soiled wares from bar top and tables and place in designated area. Anticipate and communicate replenishment needs. Process all payment methods. Count bank at end of shift, complete designated cashier reports, resolve any discrepancies, drop off receipts, and secure bank. Secure liquors, beers, wines, coolers, cabinets, and storage areas. Complete closing duties.
Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests' service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Responsibilities for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean-up for catering bar functions. In so doing, is expected to direct all effort toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance of division standards, and profit maximization.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - xx
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum of 2-year experience of a similar position within a five star hotel
- Thorough beverage knowledge
- Sales Person - Ability to suggest and up sell
- Friendly and outgoing
- Basic Computer Skills
Education or Certification
- Diploma or degree in hotel management
- Bartender Certificate
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safetyand Security
- Punch in, as schedule, ready to work and according to Grooming Standards.
- Check for captain for required set up and type of service assignment.
- Have bar set up "ready to go" 15 minutes before function is schedules to start.
- This involves: An adequate supply of following (to last through the duration of the function, if possible). Ice, water, mixer, all ingredients necessary for preparing drinks. Glasses, garnishes, napkin and side towel. Matches/ashtrays cigarettes.
- Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
- Prepare and served drinks as per Marriott standards, policies procedures using a jigger as all times.
- Never leave your bar during a function unless properly relieved by another bartender or the captain/maitre d
- At all times the bar area should be maintained in a clean and organized condition. Practice "clean as you go".
- After function is over and guest have left the room, breakdown and thoroughly clean the bar.
- Ensure the proper storage of liquor, fruit and equipment, all liquor to be secure.
- To comply with all local laws and regulations.
- To report issues or requirements to the supervisors.
- When requested, is ready to work as a waiter/waitress as well.
- To have a clean uniform and impeccable personal grooming in compliance with company standards.
- To be at the assigned work area, in uniform, and ready to work at the time that is scheduled.
- The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these set up, bussing and clean up of all the following table service necessities as well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in the room (to put things in the proper place).
- All Event Operations bartenders will be required to completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
- Set up, service, breakdown and vacuuming of all department functions to include: meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions, banquet hall cleaners, dances/concerts, exhibits, general cleaning of all area and vacuum, outdoor catering.
- Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles, ovals, schoolroom etc.
- The waiter will be totally responsible for ensuring that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
- Each waiter will be responsible for attending menu class before each of their designated function with the supervisor/managers in able to obtain better food and beverage knowledge.
- To introduce one's self to the guest on one's station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
- To wear a name tag as part of the proper uniform, as well as no excessive jewelry to be worn while working.
- To comply with all safety regulations and company policies as outlined in the Employee's handbook.
- To assist customer whenever possible/
- To attend meetings when scheduled.
- Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
- To perform all other reasonable duties required in the operation and as requested by management.
- To ensure that all props after each function is store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
- To ensure that all bar equipments, fixture and furniture are handled with great care.
- To create a good working relationship with co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the employees and guests of the hotel.
- To bring any problems that may occur or any special requests by guests to their supervisor's attention as soon as possible.
- To provide the best possible proper service of guests of this hotel at all times.
- To practice constantly the "Clean as you go" policy to uphold the highest sanitation standards.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.