Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
This position contributes to Hotel Valley Ho's success by providing guests with high quality. Must supervise the shift activities of manually set up, break down and service all meeting rooms.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Note: the following duties and responsibilities are not all-inclusive
- Communicate with Banquet Director as needed for pre, during and post shift duties and changes to be aware of the work required.
- Direct staff of daily duties and check quality of work throughout the shift.
- Walk banquet areas and public areas throughout the shift for cleanliness, refreshes and clearing of sets that are no longer needed.
- Act as first responder for requests on the radio.
- Join in Daily BEO Meeting as required.
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the Banquet Event Orders or updates from the client/CCS manager. This includes physical ability in the transport of awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms.
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms as directed by Banquet Event Orders and requests.
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products as assigned by the supervisor to adhere to health standards.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that enables getting along with guests, vendors, co-workers, and management.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Set Supervisor / Banquet Manager.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he/she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Must be extremely organized; able to expedite multiple orders completely and correctly and detailed orientated.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round, schoolroom, etc.).
- Good communication essential. Handle and relay guest challenges and comments to supervisor.
- Must be motivated and a self-starter. Take the initiative to identify and undertake projects during slow periods.
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums weighing up to 75 lbs. though a crowded room This position requires considerable physical activity on a continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break down.
- Ability to remain on feet for the entire shift.
- Pleasant personality to effectively deal with guests; questions and service, and to contribute to the overall atmosphere of teamwork with fellow employees.
- Strong attention to detail a must.
- Ability to listen effectively, to speak and write English clearly.
- Has a sincere desire to provide the utmost in guest service.
- Must adhere to practices of occupational safety and health including wearing personal protective equipment when required.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. Equivalent
Current Food Handler's Card.
Related Work Experience
Previous food and beverage experience required.
Previous bartender experience with working wine and spirits knowledge.
Experience with hospitality and customer service required.
What are we looking for?
- Someone who is at least 18 years of age
- Someone who can accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Someone who is highly detailed orientated
- Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Someone with excellent communication skills
- Someone who thrives in working in a teamwork environment
- Someone with a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Someone who is a problem solver
- Someone with a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests
- Someone who is comfortable with being on their feet throughout the shift, with intermittent periods of walking and stair climbing.
- Someone who is comfortable with being able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs. at shoulder height and frequently lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Someone who is able to bend, squat, push and pull frequently
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.