Job Number 22193801
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
To provide guest in the Event Operations department with the highest standard of food and beverage service on all functions according to the JW Marriott Standards.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 4
- Titles of Direct Reports - Captain, Supervisor, Asst. Manager, Manager
Skills and Knowledge
- 1-2 years 5 star hotel experience
Education or Certification
- Honesty and integrity above reproach
- Impeccable standards of appearance
- Able to accept constructive criticism
- Guest satisfaction awareness
- Total commitment
- Basic Knowledge of Audio Visual
- Knowledge of joy wedding test
- Basic Computer Skills
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To have a clean uniform and impeccable personal grooming in compliance with company standards.
- To be at the assigned work area, in uniform, and ready to work at the time that is scheduled.
- The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these set up, bussing and clean-up of all the following table service necessities as well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in the room (to put things in the proper place).
- All Event Operations waiters will be required to completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
- Set up Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles, ovals, schoolroom etc., service, breakdown and vacuuming of all department functions area to include: meetings rooms, breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions, banquet hall, dance floor, exhibits, general cleaning of all area and outdoor catering.
- The waiter will be totally responsible for ensuring that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
- Each waiter will be responsible for attending menu class before each of their designated function with the supervisor/managers in able to obtain better food and beverage knowledge.
- To introduce one's self to the guest on one's station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
- To wear a name tag as part of the proper uniform, as well as no excessive jewelry to be worn while working.
- To comply with all safety regulations and company policies as outlined in the Employee's handbook.
- To assist customer whenever possible.
- To attend meetings and trainings when scheduled.
- Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
- To perform all other reasonable as requested by the management.
- To ensure that all props after each function is store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
- To ensure that all equipment, fixture and furniture are handled with great care.
- To create a good working relationship with co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the employees and guests of the hotel.
- To bring any problems that may occur or any special requests by guests to their shift leaders or Manager's attention as soon as possible.
- To provide the best possible proper service of guests of this hotel at all times.
- To practice constantly the "Clean as you go" policy to uphold the highest sanitation standards.
This list is meant to be representative of the common responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, it is not exhaustive. Management reserves the right to revise this job description or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs, or technological developments). OTHER Safety and Security
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. Guest Voice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.