Come be a part of something bigger!
Benchmark | Pyramid is a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn't love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
CULTURE & CHARACTER:
All team members of the Texas A&M Hotel and Conference Center, a Pyramid Global Hospitality property, have the same fundamental responsibility: to take great pride in providing Howdy Hospitality to all guests while walking the Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. daily. Our jobs are not just to make a difference but to "Be the Difference" in the guest and fellow team member experience. All applicants should be of the highest character and hold themselves to the following Aggie Path of P.R.I.D.E. expectations:
• Positivity - We wake up daily and choose to bring a positive perspective, find the good in all things, and create an environment others want to be part of. Each team member is hired to project genuine and sincere positivity daily.
• Respect - We embrace and appreciate others and show consideration for their desires, interests, privacy, physical space, belongings, different viewpoints, philosophies, physical abilities, beliefs, and personalities. We choose to show respect, even when it is not given, not only to our guests but, more importantly, to each other.
• Integrity - We consistently demonstrate and live by sound moral and ethical principles. We choose to do this not because someone is watching, but because it is the right thing to do.
• Dedication - We are unyielding in our commitment to walking our path and dedication to "Being the Difference" in everything we do. We flex our proactive muscles in being more positive, respecting, and holding ourselves to an even higher commitment to integrity.
• Excellence - We always strive to make today a little better than yesterday.
What you will have an opportunity to do:
The Banquet Server will set up and prepare banquet room for banquet functions. The Server will also serve and bus tables as well as clear and tear down banquet rooms at the end of the function.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- $13/hr. - Biweekly (every two weeks)
- Extensive health benefits paid time off, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and employee discounts at hundreds of US and international properties.
The hospitality industry is 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and 365 days of the year. All candidates must be available and are expected to work Texas A&M football game days, Ring Days, graduations, and other high occupancy times due to special events. We strive hard to manage and minimalize overtime, but it should and will be expected when business levels call for it.
- Full-time: 30-40 hours per week depending on level of business forecasted
- Part-time: 8-29 hours per week depending on level of business forecasted
- On-Call: hoursper week depending on level of business forecasted.
- Days of week/weekend scheduled will vary depending on level of business forecasted.
- Shift options: Start times vary based on forecasted events.
- Set up for functions to include dropping tables, setting silverware, folding napkins, preparing drinks, and put out table centerpieces.
- Service to include picking up food from back hall, carrying trays to function location, serve food and clear the food from the tables.
- Break down to include bussing tables, putting away dirty linen and centerpieces, vacuuming.
- Responsibilities also include cleaning of back hall and organizing of storerooms.
- Performs food & beverage preparation duties such as preparing condiments, brewing coffee, and ensuring workstations are stocked.
- Serves food and beverages to guests Removes dishes, glasses, silverware, or other items from tables/counter tops and takes them to the kitchen.
- Cleans and sanitizes tables and/or counters & seats after guests are finished.
- Provides general property information Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests.
- Interacts with staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information.
- Giving the guest the best experience possible by going above and beyond
What are we looking for?
- This is an hourly position. (No tips or service charges)
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two years food and beverage experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Being able to stand for long periods of time and working longer shifts depending on the event requirements.
- Able to lift 35 lbs. plus.
- Pleasant and helpful personality.
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Actual compensation packages are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years & depth of experience, certifications and specific office location. This may differ in other locations due to cost of labor considerations.