A leading cruise line is looking for Chef de Partie Baker.
The CDC Baker operates under the guidance of the Executive Chef. He/she take their orders directly from the Sous Chef Pastry . He/she will report to the CDC Pastry if the Sous Chef Pastry is not on duty. He/she is responsible for all Bakery production as indicated in the menu plan, recipes and methods and as assigned by the supervisor. Ensures that production is efficient and no waste occurs. He/she supervises the 1 st Cook Baker , Cook Baker and Asst. Cook Baker n the Bakery station. He/she is responsible to take care of all requests from the supervisor (above) pertaining to specific assignments that may arise with short notice, due to special functions, itinerary or other unforeseen changes. He/she is responsible to frequently communicate the status of all pastry food production to the supervisor (above). He/she is responsible to supervise, monitor and delegate all, and extra work-load to subordinates within a timely and cost efficient manner. He/she is responsible to inform the supervisor when routine work, for various reasons, can’t be executed in the given time frame and await further instruction. He/she shall inspect all equipment and machinery used in their area of responsibility and report any problems or situations to the Executive Chef or the Chef’s Personal Assistant. He/she has a thorough knowledge of the culinary pastry arts and is fully responsible for the quality and presentation of food leaving the station. He/she is training the 1 st Cook Baker , Cook baker and Asst. Cook Baker whenever time allows it. Make sure all food is stored and all areas are cleaned to USPH standards.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
* Work as a team member.
* Follow “Clean as you go” work habits.
* Do any special duty requested by your supervisor.
* Follow safe work habits and notify supervisors of any dangerous or unsafe place in work area.
* Make frequent suggestions to your direct supervisor in order to bring the standard up and keep your interest on the job.
* You are responsible for all dessert production on your ship, as assigned by the supervisor.
* Check pastries in all stations and outlets on a daily basis.
* Follow all recipes as provided by the corporate office.
* Follow the menu grid as provided by the traveling executive pastry chef.
* Report all problems immediately to your supervisor.
* Follow the time management schedule, as provided by your supervisor.
* Follow the vacation plan and schedule according to the CBA.
* Prepare evaluations for subordinates in corporation with your supervisor.
* Make sure to ask your supervisor for permission first before working overtime.
* Check all provisions received from storeroom and report discrepancies immediately.
* Training is ongoing. Make weekly reports to the executive chef if training was received.
* Have all show-pieces prepared in a timely manner, whenever required.
* Give full cooperation to the Corporate Pastry Supervisor.
* Be food cost conscious, check wastage.
* Cleaning procedure on a daily basis according to company standards and U.S. Public Health.
* All prepared food is to be handled with plastic gloves only.
* All scheduled meetings have to be attended on time.
* Always keep your cabin clean. No food items, hotel utensils etc. allowed in cabin.
* Keep your personal appearance in top shape and to company standards, lead by example.
* 1 year experience as CDC Baker / Headbaker or Baker Chef in a large hotel/resort pastry operation or cruise ships. 2 years experience as Cook Baker in various hotels or restaurants. 2 years experience as Assistant Cook Baker
* Good artistic bakery skills for various buffet displays and show plates. Has the ability to taste all bakery standard to assure correct preparation.
* Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of recipes.
* Ability to work with minimum supervision and experienced in training subordinates in large quantity bakery preparation and good knowledge of quality breads operations.
* Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
* Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established time frames for the entire food service operation.
* Ability to learn and utilize knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to supervise an international team of entry-level cooks and chefs in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment.
* Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
* Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
* Computer knowledge is required.
* Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
* Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures.
One-click apply is an additional way to apply using your saved CV, with just one click or tap. You can add a cover letter and edit your settings at any time in My Account and can still apply in the usual way if you want to change your CV or add a cover letter before submitting your application.
Please note: You should never need to provide bank account details
or any other financial information, or make any form of payment, when applying for a job.
If you are ever asked to do this by a recruiter on our site please contact us
with the advertiser's company name and the title of the job vacancy.
Fast, simple, effective recruitment
Whether you want to advertise a single job quickly and easily or search candidates on our CV database, CatererGlobal can help you.
Qualified, experienced jobseekers use CatererGlobal to search for jobs. Our world class search technology and tools enables them to find the most relevant job. Your job!