Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place. Mandarin Oriental, Doha
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Support the outlet manager in all operational and administrative aspects of Mosaic and if required of Aqua and be able to prioritise the required level of engagement in both areas depending on the business volumes and other related parameter and take charge of the outlet and the department in his absence
- Enforce and monitor that all operational standards, as per our policies, SOP and quality measures are in place at all times.
- Create and maintain a great synergy between Mosaic and Aqua to assure maximum efficiency
- Support the Restaurant Manager to supervise the side duty schedules for all positions and ensure compliance and follow through.
- Support the Restaurant Manager to supervise the maintenance and cleanliness of the outlet at all times and as assigned carry out monthly or more frequent walk-throughs with the respective engineering and housekeeping colleagues and follow up accordingly on the produced reports to achieve an immaculate environment
- Oversee the daily operation of the outlet and manage shifts effectively to assure a smooth and effective overall operation
- Maintain a good relationship and steady communication with the Chef de Cuisine and his team, particularly during operation hours
- Ensure that reservations are managed well within the outlet and seating capacities are effectively maximised
- Experience as Assistant Restaurant Manager in a high volume restaurant with highest levels of service is preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a 5-star hotel environment, including 1 year in Food and Beverage
- International work experience in at least two of the following regions: Asia, Europe, North America and preferably Middle East
- Ability to understand guest needs and expectations and to deliver superior customer service through own initiative and through driving and motivating the team accordingly.
- Ability to work long hours with a strong focus on operational excellence
- Familiar with the restaurant point of sales and cashiering procedures
- Knowledge of All Day Dining service procedures and standards
- Well organized and possess a solid administrative capability
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today