Job Number 23010984
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Responsibility of VIP arrival and departure. Coordinate with guest relations for any special arrangement, in-room check-in,
meet & greet all VIP and Royal family upon arrival. And look after VIP who attending events in-house. Supervise also
advice the team for special local occasion.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - N/A
- Titles of Direct Reports - N/A
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of more than 5 years
Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Management of Financial Resources - Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these
• Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
• Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records,
stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
• Basic Computer Skills - Using basic computer hardware and software (e.g., personal computers, word processing software,
Internet browsers, etc.).
• Job Specific Computer Skills - Using computer hardware and software specific to job (e.g., MARSHA, PMS, SFA, NGS, Delphi,
Point of Sale, HR technology).
Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
• Management of Material Resources - Obtaining and seeing to the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed
to do certain work.
• Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
• Originality - The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about products, services or situations, or to develop creative ways
to solve a problem.
• Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
• Adaptability - Ability to effectively adjust to major changes in work tasks or the work environment.
• Building Trust - Ability to interact with others in an honest, fair and respectful way; giving others confidence in one's intentions
and those of the organization.
• Communication - Skilled at clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media; engaging the audience and
helping them understand and retain the message.
JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai Hotel
Marriott Confidential and Proprietary Information
• Customer Focus - Ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships; actively seeking information to understand
and address customers' needs.
• High Work Standards - Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assumes responsibility and accountability for
successfully completing assignments or tasks.
• Planning and Organizing - Skilled at establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure work is completed efficiently.
• Problem Solving/Decision Making - Ability to identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; using effective
approaches for choosing a course of action or developing solutions.
• Stress Tolerance - Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or
Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills - Demonstrates a satisfactory level of position-related t Education or Certification SPECIFIC DUTIES
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
OTHER Safety and Security
- Responsible for Preparing the VIP arrivals list and following up to make sure of the smoothly check in.
- Responsible for retrieving all the information about the VIP guest and the entire preparation of the VIP arrival (Checking
the rooms, know what the guest needs etc.)
- Responsible for organizing the team for the arrival of VIPs reservation as well as VIPs attending Events.
- Responsible for team duties in weekend according to the hotel occupancy as well as Events.
- Responsible for retrieving all the necessary information from Guest Relation, Room Controllers, Events and Restaurant
reservation in regards to VIP Arrival.
- Responsible for all VIP Reservations, Rooms, Restaurant, Ballroom for events and follow about guest satisfaction and
prepare the daily brief report.
- Update the local authorities (Police, CID, national security, etc....) on details of specific guest reservations, movements,
and friends, accompany, meetings, etc....)
- Checking guest activities on social media and update local authorities on the same as requested.
- Sending a list of arrival guests that have connections with guests under monitoring, to LP department to generate full
CCTV footage and hand it over to local authorities.
- Responsible for rooms and restaurant reservations belongs to protocol department.
- Responsible for preparing all occasion's setup (National Day - Martyrs Day - Flag Day, etc....). And sending emails to all
users to join the same.
- Taking over the responsibility of Government relations` coordinator while vacations and busy times.
- Responsible for supporting the Guest Relations, front office and loss prevention departments upon request.
- Responsible for dealing with the police or any government department as needed during duty hours.
- Patrolling to all hotel premises including internal area of events and reporting all the suspicious persons/activities and to the LP & MOD.
Policies and Procedures
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.