About Jumeirah & the Hotel:
Jumeirah Group, a member of Dubai Holding, has been making a distinguished impact on the global hospitality market for more than two decades with its Stay Different™ brand promise.
Its award-winning destinations, such as the iconic Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, position service beyond expectations, elevated dining destinations and surprising architecture and design at the heart of every guest experience.
Today, Jumeirah operates a world-class portfolio of 23 properties across the Middle East, Europe and Asia and employs over 8,000 colleagues, representing over 106 nationalities.
As Jumeirah continues to expand its global portfolio and scales up its operations to the next level of growth, it remains fully committed to developing and empowering our colleagues to excel in world class environments.
Jumeirah is committed to embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion in all its practices, embracing a culture that celebrates diversity.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai’s premier lifestyle destination, is located on Jumeirah Beach Road just 15 km from the city centre and 25 km from Dubai International Airport. The 26-floor hotel has a curved design which represents the shape of a breaking wave and offers pristine private beaches with undisturbed views of the Arabian Gulf.
With 599 sea-facing rooms and suites and 19 private villas, as well as 21 restaurants and bars, extensive conference and banqueting facilities, a private marina, Sinbad’s Kids Club, Talise™ Spa, and direct complimentary access to Wild Wadi Waterpark™ for all guests, the hotel continues to redefine the holiday experience.
About the Role:
An opportunity has arisen for Assistant Manager – Beit Al Bahar Villas to join Jumeirah Beach Hotel.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure a smooth and efficient operation at the front desk and provide all guests with service and ensure that their expectations are constantly met.
The main responsibilities are:
- Responsible for the Villas Butler Team that provides professional and personalized service to our guests who stay in the hotel Villas and Suites, ensuring their hotel stay will become a memorable experience.
- Act as a point of contact for the guest during their stay, assisting with any arrangements or requests of the guest.
- Identify and anticipate guest needs and ensure personalized service is provided by all butlers.
- Liaise with the Front Office Guest Service Team, and any other relevant department to fulfil all requests or recommendations that the guest has. e.g., in room dining, restaurants, laundry, Spa bookings, special occasions, outside hotel requirements
- To assist Operations Manager at supervising the front desk (Reception) operation and communication
- To assist in maintaining and/or developing agreed operating procedures relating to Villas and colleagues’ adherence to the correct procedures as laid down in the Standard Operating Procedures Manuals
- To set a high example to colleagues in terms of punctuality, appearance, performance, attitude, leadership, guest relations, observance of the house rules, loyalty to the management and interdepartmental co-operation
- Handling All CSI guest feedback and correspondence
- Management of duty roster as required.
- Conduct Quarterly and yearly appraisals of departmental colleagues
- Ensure that all current promotional and or activity information is communicated to the team
- Take care of Butlers training and ensure that the required training hours are achieved.
- Conduct the handover between shifts, ensuring that all relevant staffs are in attendance and that all pertinent information is passed accurately to the oncoming shift.
- Carry out the registration procedures required for guests wishing to stay at the hotel, ensuring that both local law and the hotel’s credit policy are always adhered to.
- Sell rooms to prospective guests arriving without reservations, ensuring that the maximum revenue is reached without losing the sale.
- Handle general enquires received at the front desk, either from in house guests or from non-residents
- To have a high product knowledge level, both in terms of the hotel and its facilities as well as of Dubai in general
- Check the details of completed registration cards against those in the property management system to ensure that this has been updated correctly and that a payment method has been secured,
- To supervise and ensure that all traces have been actioned and resolved by the Team Leaders daily.
- To ensure that rooms are allocated according to the guest’s requests.
- Ensure that all checked out registration cards are stored correctly at the end of each month,
- To assist the butlers in their duties if required.
- To attend to the special requests made by VIP guests either prior to, during or after their stay. Meet and greet, welcome them and ensure that VIP guest are receiving luxury standard services throughout their stay.
- To take necessary action for VIP arrival.
- To conduct VIP, show around.
- Organize activities, gift, amenities, for special occasion such as UAE national day, Christmas, New Year eve, Eid holiday.
The ideal candidate for this position will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Related Hospitality Degree or Diploma
- Degree qualification from a recognized hotel or business school
- Opera system knowledge
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in a supervisory role, preferably with butler service.
- Working with a culturally diverse workforce.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Business English
- Competent in Microsoft Office applications. Able to effectively communicate with all levels of colleagues and Management.
- Food & Beverage servicing
- Experience preferred from other 5* properties managing a large team
About the Benefits:
We offer an attractive tax-free salary, paid in Dirhams (AED), the local currency of the UAE. In addition, we offer generous F&B benefits, reduced hotel rates across our properties globally, excellent leave and health care package, flights home, life insurance, functional incentives and other employee benefits making the role attractive to high performers and any applicant looking for a career with one of the most luxurious brands in the hospitality industry.