Job Number 22210190
Job Category Engineering & Facilities
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
The Assistant Engineering Manager is responsible to provide optimal efficiency of the Shift Operations, by conducting walk around inspections of the Plant & general Hotel, ensuring routine checklist & daily log completions, ongoing scheduled & breakdown maintenance follow ups, coordination of response & attendance of guest repair requests in accordance with company policy and standard operating procedure. To report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the senior engineering Leadership. Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, duty phones, tools, radio etc) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 6
- Titles of Direct Reports - Engineering Supervisors
Skills and Knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience in a 5-star Hotel; and 3 years of leadership experience.
Education or Certification
- Good knowledge of Hotel Engineering Administration
- Demonstrated experience leading a multi-disciplined technical team
- Strong customer focus/perspective and relationship skills.
- Extensive Hands-on Maintenance experience (both MEP and ID)
- Decision maker with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate professionally with other departments, co-workers and 3rd party companies.
- Diploma in Engineering / Technical Field
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Safety and Security Policies and Procedures
- Assist in the Managing the operations of the Engineering department to ensure superior guest service and product quality
- Conduct walk-throughs to visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, HVAC systems and any other related equipment
- Verify completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Verify completion of all repairs, replacement, renovation projects to offices and employee work areas.
- Adhere to all company required purchasing policies and controls to stay within budget guidelines.
- Follow prescribed safety procedures and emergency plans for personnel and equipment by the company and according to local laws and regulations.
- Participate in effective energy management and preventative maintenance programs and conduct specific training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
- Assist in managing and implementing the Engineering department's annual and long term goals. Shall attend all scheduled meetings, as requested, and contributes actively with proper preparation.
- Effectively communicates to hotel team members in other departments.
- Conducts a daily briefing with department team members on current key activities.
- Anticipate and respond to guest issues and establish proactive processes to promote guest satisfaction.
- Liaise with 3rd party vendors/contractors, as assigned
- To follow up on enterprise system updates (i.e Transcendent, Guestware etc), and assure full compliance
- Maintaining a safe and hygienic work environment & Performing related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensuring all associates has the proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication occurs with associates in order to create awareness of business objectives, communicate expectations and recognize performance.
- Carry out senior Engineering Leadership instructions or other designated person of authority
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
Working with Others
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- The physical ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- The physical ability to climb on a ladder to heights in excess of 10', balance, and work above the shoulder frequently.
- The physical ability to occasionally bend/stoop, kneel, crouch, and squat
- The physical ability to use both hands for frequent grasping and occasional fine manipulation
- The physical ability to frequently carry up to 50 pounds of weight distances of up to 600 feet; and to frequently lift up to 50 pounds of weight from the floor to above the shoulders.
- The physical ability to occasionally push and pull various items, such as equipment, tools etc.
- May need to adapt to multi-temperature work environments.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.