Job Number 22184757
Job Category Rooms & Guest Services Operations
Location JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road Business Bay, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Non-Management
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Count float at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Responsible for on-the-job training for all new Front Desk Agents.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
CANDIDATE PROFILE Experience:
- A Full Time position based at JW Marriott Marquis Dubai.
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports - 0
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience working within a Front Office hotel environment in the 5 star/luxury market is essential
Strong Communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
Education or Certification
- Pro-active and reliable
- Outgoing personality and outstanding guest service skills.
- Knowledge of local area, local attractions, entertainment and landmarks
- Knowledge of hotel room types, layouts and features
- Ability to use Opera, Micros & MARSHA System and other operating systems
- Knowledge of Guest Response Tracking Software / GXP
- Ability to work collaboratively with hotel service team in providing exceptional customer service excellent telephone etiquette
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization and working to deadline skills
- Have a complete understanding of the Marriott Reward program
- Deliver trainings
- Good level of English essential
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
Welcome all guests with a smile and maintain a professional approach at all times.
- Be knowledgeable about daily hotel operations, check daily event sheet, bulletin boards and be up to date with all changes, new procedure and events.
- Have knowledge of hotel rates, package and discounts.
- Have knowledge of all guest rooms, features and amenities plus all services provided by the hotel.
- Attend the shift briefing, daily 15 minutes training and front office monthly meeting.
- To ensure a quick, efficient and friendly check in and departure of all guests. Ensuring that their details are entered onto the computer correctly and efficiently to the Brand Standards
- Assign rooms, accommodating special requests whenever possible
- To understand the correct reservation procedures and to take any reservations if required Be flexible according to the business needs.
- Be fully aware of hotel credit policy and procedures and ensure that it's adhered at all time.
- Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards , Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
- Strive to represent Marriott in the most professional manner at all times.
- Ensure that all guests are communicated with the credit policy and procedures upon check-in.
- Take initiative through empowerment to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Be fully aware of safety and emergency procedures.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on confidential basis.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines and daily service basics.
- Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using "Guest Response Program"
- Assist a fellow associates in their Job to ensure that all are done on time.
- Use your Opera and other systems password with discretion. Log off the terminal when leaving the area.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attraction to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager or supervisor on duty.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night check list to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Ability to communicate with all managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Be aware of the Marriott brand standards and follow the thoroughly.
- Ensure that daily banking procedures are followed and performed as per the standards.
- Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag
- Personal appearance & grooming must confirm with standard
- Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for information
- Get a daily briefing about all special events and group arrivals
- Have knowledge about all guest rooms , features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers
- Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas at all times
- Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
- Have knowledge of all emergency procedure and know how to act on them
- Be flexible with regards to work schedule
- Have knowledge about the city and local attraction to answer any guest query
- Liaise with the Front Office Training leader to facilitate on the job training for new associates
- Conducts Hospitality Audits for Front Desk Associates
- Ensure all guests are welcomed, met and greeted, offered welcome drinks and / or cold towels (depending on brand) and escorted to elevators and / or room according to JW Marriott welcome experience.
Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Communication
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International's flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you're happy, our guests will be happy. It's as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you'll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That's The JW Treatment™.