At One&Only, we exist to create joy for our guests through anticipation, creativity, precision, empathy and warmth. We tailor every aspect of our guests’ stay to bring their dreams and desires to life. With an atmosphere that’s chic but wonderfully unstuffy™, and a team who are meticulous but warm, we seek to exceed our guests’ expectations at every possible turn.
Shimmering in azure Indian Ocean, fringed with white powder sands and vibrant coral reef, One&Only Reethi Rah is a beautiful and rare place that creates magically unscripted stories for the world’s most discerning and remarkable guests. With abundant knowledge and generosity, we anticipate our guest’s every need and surpass expectations. Whether we are designing the perfect family day out or arranging a romantic private dinner, we approach everything with imagination to spark a sense of playfulness, discovery and adventure. This is not simply our job, it’s our passion.
Performs the assigned tasks to the highest professional standard, displays good secretarial work skills, and coordinates with production staff upon request. Demonstrates excellent computer knowledge, telephone skills, etiquette and good team work attitude towards colleagues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares reports as required.
- Does all administration works.
- Is responsible for proper filing system, especially for the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef/ Director of Food&Beverage.
- Constantly suggest new creative ideas for constant improvement of the Food & Beverage Department.
- Follows up on all the correspondences for the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef/ Director of Food&Beverage.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information of the resort.
- Is willing to perform any other tasks/functions in Food and Beverage Department and works as a team with other colleagues.
- Performs any additional duties and/or special projects, as may be requested by the Executive Chef / Executive Sous Chef & Director of Food & Beverage.
- Stays updated with developments in the field of Food & Beverage administration functions.
- Keeps abreast with employee welfare concerns and career development/succession plans.
- Attends and participates in team events.
- Participates in required training related to the job.
- Ensure correct orientation and training for new employees in the department.
- To effective communicate and maintain a favorable working relationship with colleges at all levels.
- Assure professional attitude towards guest and colleges at all times.
- To provide an effective structure for communication within the department at all levels.
- Leads by example, inspires and motivates those around through enthusiasm and inspires and guides others to make their decisions based on the organizations values and overall direction, keeping the Company’s goals in mind.
- To be conscious and responsible regarding energy and water conservation
- Maintains highest levels of personal hygiene at all times.
- To ensure that company and statutory hygiene standards are maintained in all work areas.
- To be fully aware about all health and safety, fire and emergency procedures
- Responsible to report any potential hazardous situations within the work place.
- Maintains a high standard of appearance and grooming at all times, as per One&Only standard.
- Apply and adhere to rules and regulations as per employee handbook, departmental and resort policies and procedures, including those for the emergency situations
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the overall organization’s mission, vision and values.
- At all times to project a favorable image of One&Only Reethi Rah and One&Only Resorts to the public.
- Practices proper telephone etiquette with colleagues and resort’s guests.
- Ensures all activities are carried out honestly, ethically and within the parameters of the Maldivian Law.
Skills, Experience & Educational Requirements
- Fluent in written and spoken English, other languages is a distinctive advantage
- To be able work well under pressure
- 2 year experience in a similar capacity
- Bachelor’s Degree holder is an advantage
- Should be positive and flexible to different duties.
- Computer literate (Microsoft office, Micros)
Our brand is expanding faster than ever before. We are investing in the growth of our company, and that means we are committed to investing in you. Join a team that is open-hearted, intuitive, generous, and spontaneous in spirit. We believe in making our guests happy beyond anything they have ever imagined. We wow them at every turn and create memories that will last a lifetime. You will be at the heart of this vision, to constantly innovate to deliver Amazing Experiences and Everlasting Memories.