Guest Service Agent
Full job details
DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for a Guest Service Agent.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Organize, confirm, process, and conduct all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations.
- Secure payment; verify and adjust billing.
- Activate and file room keys.
- Process all guest requests and relay messages.
- Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Identify and explain room features to guests; supply guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest.
- Ensure that any outstanding requests or problems from the previous day receive priority and are resolved.
- Run and review daily reports/logs.
- Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system.
- Accept and record wake-up call requests and deliver to appropriate department.
- Count bank at beginning and end of shift; secure bank.
- Process all payment types, adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges; provide change.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Previous Front Office experience in a large hotel with at least 500 keys in a luxury property required. Pre-opening experience is an advantage and fully competent on PMS system Opera.
- Spontaneous and empathic
- A high level of personal maturity is vital for this position
- Good visual memory
- At ease in a multi-cultural environment
- Confident speaking skills. Proficient in English and additional languages
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirements will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.