Public Relations Manager (Media/Press) – Doha
Full job details
Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is the award winning owner and operator of some of the most luxurious hotels, resorts and residences located in prime destinations around the world.
Increasingly recognized for creating some of the world’s most sought-after properties, the Group provides 21st century luxury with oriental charm. Above all, Mandarin Oriental is renowned for creating unique hotels through distinctive design and a strong sense of place, luxury hotels right for their time and place.
Mandarin Oriental, Doha is an intimate and stylish urban retreat, blending Qatari-influenced heritage with modern design. Located in the heart of Msheireb Downtown Doha, within walking distance to Souq Waqif, Museum of Islamic Art and a short distance to the business district, West Bay.
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Maintain frequent rapport and meet with key media, third party partners and influential leaders on regular basis
- Develop and oversee execution of public relations strategy and plan
- Oversee monthly departmental expense to ensure it is in line with annual budget
- Conduct appraisals, disciplinary actions, and performance reviews on a regular basis
- Motivate, train, supervise, evaluate and discipline Marketing Operations colleagues
- Respond to trade or guest requests and needs professionally, timely and with passion
- Handle trade and guest complaints in a polite and highly professional manner
- Meet with VIP or top media guests in order to meet build relationship
- Develop strategy to secure and optimize coverage/exposure opportunity or events for hotel or for any business units and management team colleagues
- Develop programmes to entice and entertain media and media fam group
- Work with public relations agency to ensure press kits are always up to date
- Monitor and review all media coverage on hotel
- Senior School qualifications or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience
- Luxury retail or relevant hospitality environment
- Previous experience working in the Middle East Region is an advantage
- Pre-opening experience is an advantage
- Highly effective verbal and written communication in English
- Excellent command of verbal and written Arabic is highly desirable
- Experience in communicating with media and being in front of camera
- Ability to develop implementation and execution plans from strategy
If you are interested in joining our pre-opening team apply today!