Outlet Manager - Al Muntaha Restaurant - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Outlet Manager to join Al Muntaha Restaurant at the Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to coordinate and control all the activities in the restaurant.
Your key duties will include:
- Communicating with the Chef and F&B management to discuss menus, marketing strategies and guest comments and concerns.
- Liaising with sales team for coordination of future/current events, ideas and suggestions to introduce promotional activities.
- Ensuring a safe working environment for all colleagues within the outlet.
- Forecasting covers and revenues and then schedules accordingly.
- Developing all colleagues for future advancement.
- Recommending salary adjustments, transfers, promotions and dismissals.
- Preparing daily and weekly payroll as required by the Controller.
- Being able to understand all food and beverage items offered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service.
- Being able to complete and conduct performance evaluations for all colleagues.
- Maintaining a daily log for communication between outlet colleagues.
- Being able to manage and control overall expenses of the outlets focusing on higher revenue and profit.
- Working in co-operation with the chef and sous-chefs to ensure top quality and fair prices and to see that below standard items are never accepted or served.
In order to be considered for this role, you must have Hotel School Degree or diploma or equivalent. You must have a minimum 2 year experience in a similar role in a fine dining restaurant with WSET level 2 or equivalent. A total of 4 year experience in F&B 5 star international environment.
You will have a detailed Food & beverage knowledge within a Quality Luxury Brand, excellent presentation and social etiquette as well as strong leadership and a good motivator.
It is essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and you should be proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which includes: your own single room accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.