Executive Sous Chef -Lebanese nationality
Scope of the Position:
• Is responsible to assist the Executive Chef in the supervision of the Culinary Department.
• The incumbent is to ensure a good working environment and host relations throughout the Culinary Department and should further be responsible for the training and professional development of all culinary hosts.
• To ensure that agreed quality, hygiene and other Six Senses Best Practices and Standards are achieved or surpassed.
• Must be cost conscious and quality oriented and has the ability to pass this on to all culinary hosts.
• Is committed and is always striving to achieve guest satisfaction.
• Contributes to the morale and team spirit of the resort by maintaining effective relationships with colleagues.
• Ensures that all activities are carried out honestly, ethically, and within the parameters of Omani law.
Five or more years of progressive culinary managerial experience in a leading resort or hotel, and have experience in a luxury lifestyle brand with international exposure. Prior experience as an Executive Sous Chef is preferred. Experience in the luxury market is essential. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
Qualifications and Language:
• A Culinary degree from a recognized hospitality school with a Bachelor’s degree preferred. The incumbent should have spent sufficient time in all necessary sections of the Culinary Department.
• Excellent command of English (oral & written), abilities in other languages would be beneficial
• Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Basic monthly salary is competitive, free of tax.
• Minimum guaranteed monthly average Service Charge is USD 350.00
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 12 months of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis except Thursday; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single accommodation at the resort.
• All meals are provided complimentary in the Host Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 4 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. (Applicable to expats only).