ABOUT AL BAIT
Al Bait Sharjah, the new luxury resort to be managed by General Hotel Management Ltd (GHM), is set to raise the bar for luxury hotel accommodation in the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) cultural city while adding interest and vibrance to the historic inner-city precinct in which it is situated, when it opens at the end of this year.
Developed in partnership with Shurooq (the Sharjah Investment and Development Authority), Al Bait Sharjah is part of the Emirate’s largest and most ambitious historical preservation and restoration project known as Heart of Sharjah. The heritage project seeks to revitalise the district and introduce travellers to its storied past. Al Bait is a distinctly unique development as its new structures, following traditional Sharjah architecture, are constructed from the restored foundations of old houses that once belonged to important and influential families. Its name, Al Bait, is hence apt as it means ‘The House’: it will be a 10,000-square-metre area in the epicentre of the Heart of Sharjah, its 53 luxury guestrooms and suites, hotel facilities and amenities, coexisting harmoniously with the several heritage buildings in the district.
Given the scale and importance of this preservation project, the detailed efforts by architect firm GAJ UAE Office will transport travellers to that bygone era and they can glimpse the true-to-life daily living experience while on-site. Conservation highlights that guests can look forward to experiencing while staying at Al Bait Sharjah include: a direct connectivity and access to Souk Al Arsah – a traditional bazaar and marketplace, in fact, the oldest in the UAE – from the hotel, witnessing the conservation of the last remaining round wind tower (a traditional method of ventilation that in recent times have gained scientists’ interest for its sustainability), and even the incorporation of handcrafted thatched roofs and distinct motifs into the ceilings of the hotels’ buildings.
Al Bait appeals to both the business and leisure traveller with three different categories of accommodation, of which the more generously sized suites (up to 103 square metres) are particularly indulgent. Arabic influences can be discerned in the Asian design elements for the unmistakable GHM elegance and style throughout the hotel. Adequate meeting spaces makes this a perfect hotel for business discussions while various eateries offer choice options for dining and entertainment. Guests can choose to partake of an international fare at The Restaurant – Al Bait’s all-day dining venue – or experience authentic Arabic specialties in the traditional family sharing style. The Café is a casual setting for light pastries and tea, always a welcomed spot to people watch and relax. And for those looking to delve into a deeper state of relaxation, a luxury spa – the first in the GHM portfolio to feature a hammam as part of its treatment facilities – will be an integral part of the wellness offering.
We are excited and anticipating to open a luxurious, boutique, heritage resort in the Heart of Sharjah - the cultural capital of UAE by beginning of 2018. Looking for an analytical and passionate team member with economical insight to be it's
Is responsible for managing the entire operations of housekeeping department. To maintain the standards and the quality of service. Set up the succession plan for the team members. Promote an environment for learning, development and overall growth. Encourage team work and a friendly atmosphere amongst the colleagues.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in the development and implementation of pocesses, procedures and standards for the department ensuring the highest standard of cleanliness are met.
- Responsible for the overall Strategic planning of the department.
- Manages day to day operations of the housekeeping department.
- Establish Standards for the department.
- Effectively schedules the Annual Preventative maintenance.
- Effectively recruits the team members.
- Inspects rooms and public area constantly.
- Inculcate an environment for learning and development within housekeeping department.
- Ensures Performance Reviews are conducted as scheduled.
- Determines appropriate staffing levels for forecasted business and schedules employees accordingly.
- Prepares the department budget and work in line with the approved budget.
- Control all the purchases for the department.
- Tracks the inventory, purchasing and disbursement for all linens, cleaning supplies, guest rooms supplies.
- Set long term and short term strategies for the department.
- Coordinate room availability with the front office manager.
- Hotel Management graduate OR University graduate (any stream).
- Minimum 2 years experience as Executive Housekeeper or 4 years experience as Assistant Housekeeper of a luxurious hotel.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Energetic and able to work a variable schedule.
- Pre-opening hotel experience as Executive Housekeeper will be an added advantage.
- Strong command over English language (both written and oral).
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook / Word / Excel).
Please note - Due to heavy volume of applications received, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.