Human Resources Manager
Full job details
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Oceania Cruises, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. Our onboard staff is meticulously trained in the art of Signature Service and share a wealth of knowledge, talent and experience in the cruise industry. They are dedicated to exceeding the expectations of our guests onboard.
ABOUT OCEANIA CRUISES
Formed in 2002, Oceania Cruises is the world’s largest upper premium cruise line. The Finest Cuisine at Sea, Destination Immersion Specialists and Intimate & Luxurious Ships are the pillars that define Oceania Cruises’ five-star product, positioning the line as the cruise company of choice for travelers seeking a truly refined and casually elegant travel experience. Featuring a fleet of six (6) warm and luxurious ships, Oceania Cruises offers an unrivaled vacation experience renowned for its gourmet culinary program inspired by Master Chef Jacques Pépin and its array of destination-rich itineraries spanning the globe. Seasoned world travelers are drawn to Oceania Cruises’ diverse voyages, which call on more than 330 ports across Europe, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific and the Americas. https://www.oceaniacruises.com/
POSITION SUMMARY / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Supporting all onboard managers in the reinforcement of crew related policies and procedures.
- Supporting and assisting Training & Development Manager in his/her efforts to deliver required training
- Ensures maximum attendance at all company training programs is maintained through fluent communication with all department heads onboard
- Maintaining a productive and supportive professional working partnership with the Captain, GM, and colleagues at all times
- Maintaining documents and data required for talent management and human resources administration
- Maintaining operational continuity with a systematic and consistent handover procedure for replacement H.R Manager
- Coaches new supervisors and managers to ensure their understanding and thorough comprehension of shipboard policies and procedure
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for the modification of personnel policies
- Recommends and implements Oceania policies relating to onboard promotion / succession planning and assists and provides guidance to HODs in regards to promotions to ensure that promotions are based on performance
- Conducts exit interviews (for ICS crew) and ensures open discussions of all unplanned crew sign offs
- Reviews with ICS Department heads monthly turnover statistics
- Provides management with employee counseling as required in disciplinary situations
- Assists and provides guidance to HODs with any performance review issues and follows up with department heads regarding any written comments
- Issues Ovations recognition Certificates on behalf of acknowledging leader
- Recommends and implements approved incentive programs for crew
- Ensures monthly welfare meetings are taking place, supports and overlooks the coordination of all welfare activities
- Meets and greets embarking crew at the gangway as well as assists with sign on paperwork and procedure
- Attends sign off meeting for debarking crew and assists with sign off paperwork and procedure
- Required to attend all written disciplinary hearings onboard and be informed of any counseling situations, resignations or emergency leaves
- Oversees CCP and FOL certification procedures
- Ensures ICS evaluation database is kept up to date
- Stays up to date with the contents in the OCI VOM, ICS HROM manual, ITF agreements and all other onboard employment contracts
- Ensures that positive Guest Comment Card data and comments are effectively communicated to all crew within Crew areas and that training needs resulting from negative trends are identified and appropriately implemented.
- Is familiar with all training materials and training tools and ensures that they are being used effectively. Promotes awareness of same to the HODs
- Will participate in crew and passenger safety drills according to instructions from ship's command;
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Fidelio and MXP
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Development
- At least 5 years’ experience in the hospitality field in a human resource/training capacity
- Previous shipboard experience required;
REQUIRED ABILITIES / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication skills.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible
- Able to work 7 days a week
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE HOLDINGS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Oceania Cruises’ policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.