1. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Leads and supervises the security team, oversees the day - to - day security activities, implements action plans and accomplishes goals & targets set forth by DOP and GM.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares the daily schedule requirements and to issue post-patrol assignments to Security Officers for the duration of their shifts.
- To maintain legible and accurate records of all control center documents to include General Security Log, Key Control, Lost and Found and Visitor Passes.
- Ensure rosters are posted and timesheets are submitted on time.
- Supervise all aspects of key distribution and control according to policies and procedures of the hotel and to report any discrepancy immediately to superiors.
- To supervise the maintenance of the security log entries and to track all security officer patrol reports and subsequent security activities.
- To continuously maintain and service all equipment related, or assigned, to the department, as specified in equipment manuals.
- Ensure that all hotel vehicles are properly maintained. To control the car logbooks, distribution of car keys, damages and kilometers driven per day.
- To be flexible with work hours, regardless of time, during day or night, in order to personally facilitate security arrangements of cases that require special treatment and handling.
- To liaise with local authorities in order to identify activities that may affect the operation of the hotel such as seasonal events, current community crime trends, political activism and other, and to share any such concerns with superiors.
- Provides access, when required, to high-risk areas, exercising vigilance for the protection of assets and to secure the area when access is no longer required.
- To report guest complaints or problems to DOP and GM if no immediate solution can be found and assure follow up with guests.
- To control access to crime/natural disaster scenes in order to preserve evidence while awaiting the arrival of authorities.
- To attend to reports and to follow-up on all reported guest disturbances, or alleged theft incidents ensuring that the established policies and procedures are adhered to. To conduct special investigation on high profile security matters and to prepare reports for managements review.
- Oversee the intervention of all guest room safes and to maintain a logbook where all occurrences are recorded.
- Review all occurrence reports prepared by security officers ensuring that they have complete, relevant and accurate information and to follow up.
- To be fully involved in the fire safety protection program in collaboration with the Engineering department, and all other concerned departments, as per hotel policy.
- To ensure that all new ambassador members are briefed and / or trained in Fire Prevention / Fire Fighting Procedures relevant to their position.
- To schedule or assist quarterly fire evacuation drills, on collaboration with the HR, engineering and all other hotel departments.
- Execute ambassador bag/parcel inspections, as directed by the hotel policy.
- To control and ensure that the arrival and departure of ambassador at the back entrance of the hotel is done in an orderly and secure manner.
- To make, for the safety of our ambassador, physical spot checks on ambassador transportation, verifying the vehicle’s general condition.
- To oversee all security aspect linked with the ambassador housing and its facilities.
- To ensure that all ambassadors report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform/attire and nametag, at all times. To ensure they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene and adhere to the hotel and department appearance standards.
- To supervise the ambassadors within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Hotel and Department Operations Manual.
- To ensure that all the ambassadors read the hotel's Ambassador Handbook and have an understanding of and adhere to the hotel's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.