SPA & Recreation Manager
- OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION
The Spa Manager will establish, direct and maintain the standards of M Spa’s etiquette and service in all interactions with guests and ambassadors. He/She will supervise the operation and financial goals for M Spa, Fitness Center and Pool area. Consistency and understanding when implementing M Spa’s business objectives, as they relate to operations, finance, human resources, marketing and health & safety is imperative. Executing the business objectives and verbiage to all employees is ongoing, whilst also ensuring that all financial and marketing opportunities are maximized.
* Hire, train, and manage team members to be accountable for their actions and to be conversant in the business objectives. Monitor activities and issues daily. Maintain current knowledge of all spa services, pricings, offerings, schedules, specials and other services provided at the spa and competitive spas. Set the example by using proper etiquette and professionalism at all times.
* Look for every opportunity to suggest new and enhanced guest experiences, to encourage positive Dream Maker’s behavior, and to direct effectively.
* Communicate housekeeping and maintenance needs to the relevant departments and ensure they are actioned. Assist team members where needed in all aspects of the business operation. Practice methods, which comply with health and hygiene guidelines and ensure cleanliness meets Standard Operating Procedures in all areas of the spa.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and conduct departmental meetings.
- Provide constructive feedback to staff to promote a positive work environment
- Attend all department head meetings and provide reports on budgets, labor, business development, training, promotional activity and inter-departmental issues.
- Conduct a daily walk-through and inspection of the spa, gymnasium, retail and storage facilities. Document any items to be addressed on the day and ensure they are actioned.
- Observe all departmental safety procedures and protocols.
- Schedule departmental safety meetings.
- Review all upcoming appointments and treatments ensuring that yield management techniques are applied to scheduling and booking appointments.
- Input all stock keeping units into retail software system upon receipt of order.
- Ensure all retail items are ticketed, merchandise needs to be received within 48 hours of arrival. Identify all damages and report to vendors or shippers
- Prepare in conjunction with the Marketing Manager for approval by the GM the annual sales and marketing and business plan
- Prepare prior to opening in conjunction with the Marketing Manager for approval by the GM the pre-opening marketing strategy program
- Responsible for initial group contact, assistance throughout the program with a thorough and thoughtful follow-up.
- Receive all order shipment and compare the purchase order to the invoice, ensure that all items are accounted for.
- Input order shipment data into the software according to So Spa standards.
- Promote the external guest affiliations for So Fit and pool area.
- Work in conjunction with other hotel departments on marketing, sales and accounting.
- Assist supervisors with management issues and employee development.
- Attend professional conferences and professional development seminars.
- Maintain spa menu and signature treatments that provide the highest yield and customer service while distinguishing the spa from competitors.
- Accommodate VIP guest preferences and special requests.
- Review all incoming group reservations and conference itineraries.
- Review hotel occupancy forecasts and all weekly spa schedules anticipating labor.
- Assist with guest relations and scheduling when necessary.
- Handle emergency situations with urgency and discretion.
- Assign job tasks to spa personnel as suited to their position and ability.
- Implement and ensure correct records of all spa promotions, analyze the results, and establish action plans to improve marketing strategy.