1. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Ensure that all requests are handled promptly and properly logged. Work closely with the Reception to ensure correct room status at all times. Issues, records and controls all Housekeeping keys. Handle record and follow up on loan items and extra supplies to guests. Conduct monthly inventories of on-loan items, keys & extra supplies.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Record daily working attendance for all Housekeeping associates.
- Communicate closely and regularly with Front Office room controllers in terms of room assignments and readiness according to the arrival report.
- Relates to Executive Housekeeper & Housekeeping Supervisor of any extraordinary or emergency situations and any guest complaints or problem.
- Redirects guests’ requests to the appropriate Dream Makers/Housekeeping Supervisor.
- Checks on the completion of all requests.
- Records all follow-up actions required in telephone log book.
- Prepare monthly reports as required. Render assistance to respective, Housekeeping sections, Linen/Uniform, Floors, Public Areas, laundry in preparing their monthly reports and inventories.
- Collect and keep accurate records of guest needs, requests and preference to further enhance servicing of our guests.
- Handle secretarial and clerical duties as assigned by the Executive Housekeeper.
- Maintain confidentiality for all guests & staff in their personal matters.
- To be trained on Fire and other Emergency procedures in case of situation arises to provide safety for both guests and associates.
- Review and update the monthly Housekeeping Manning Guide.
- Know how to use the computer and support the office work if possible.
- Keep good communication with other departments.
- Assume other duties assigned by Executive Housekeeper.
- Assist with the preparation of staff duty rosters.
- Assist with maintaining up-to-date staff records.
- Seek opportunities to continually improve guest service by reporting guest comments.
- Take appropriate action to resolve complaints.
- Promote the hotel products and services.
- Access and use Housekeeping computer programs.
- Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis.
- Carry out other tasks as directed by supervisors.