Assistant Executive Housekeeper
- Job Level
1. OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Ensure operation runs within financial framework. Monitor and review Quality Standards for the Department. Daily check of all public areas and guest corridors. Ensure preparation of cleaning schedule for the return of all out of order rooms. Maintain a Spring Cleaning roster.
2. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assumes responsibilities of Executive Housekeeper in his absence.
- Analyzes monthly reports and reviews opportunities for improvement.
- Prepares operation equipment par level
- Conducts inventory and studies opportunities to reduce losses and damages.
- Prepares, reviews and submits all reports in timely manner.
- Assists in directing the functions of administration.
- Prepares roster of Housekeeping Supervisor and other staff rosters.
- Assists in implementing and maintaining the procedures and policies established with Front Office, Food and Beverage, Banquets, Laundry, Engineering, Personnel, Training, Security, Linen Room and Contract Cleaner.
- Regularly inspects work to ensure standards and procedures established for maintenance and cleanliness are implemented and maintained.
- Investigates complaints and takes corrective measures.
- Conducts continuous on the job training for all Housekeeping employees, especially deviation from the established standards and procedures.
- Assists in regularly updating the Housekeeping Operation Manual, Training Manual, Room History Cards and Renovation Records.
- Ensure that all preventive maintenance and general cleaning programmes and schedules are in place and executed accordingly.
- Reviews and evaluates all Housekeeping equipment and supplies periodically to select appropriate products for purchase.
- Directs, delegates responsibilities for the effective control, record, issue and care of furniture’s, equipment items, operating items, guest and clearing supplies including their storage.
- Checks on VIPs of Front Office outlet and Function rooms as well as long staying guest.
- Does counseling of employees.
- Ensure that the department key control procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Plans for maintenance and spring clean for the guest room and Public Areas.
- Ensure that all chemicals are stored and used safely.
- Ensure that all hygiene rules and regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Handles Housekeeping staff meeting of rooms and public areas.
- Checking, reporting and ensuring Emergency and safety hazards are removed, handled and reported for remedial action.
- Assists in the evaluation the performance of the department’s personnel.
- Conducts regular Departmental Communication meeting and ensures follow through.
- Assists in preparation of annual budget.