Junior Sous Chef
The Junior Sous Chef main responsibility is to assist the Sous Chef in the supervision of kitchen production, and to participate in the food production. Ensures that the function provides the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins; hence maximize guest satisfaction and food profitability. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan, and Hotels, corporate guidelines and service concepts.
- Have a very good knowledge of all different posts in the kitchen, so the substitution of every Chef de partie or even Head Chef is possible.
- Assist, supervise and control the events, the production in general and the à la carte production.
- Prepare every courses as well as mis en place at all posts
- Ensure the quality of the prepared courses
- Responsible for the preparation of the market list, daily store order.
- Responsible for a cost-conscious acting at all posts.
- Responsible for the subordinated employees, especially trainees and apprentices.
- Experience in a similar position or a minimum of 2-3 years experience in 5 star hotel environment.
- Knowledge of Arabic and Continental cuisine.