Hotel Manager (to be resident in Lapland during the winter)
We are seeking an experienced hotel manager to run our two hotels located in Lapland – one of 49 rooms, and another of 27 rooms. Deep inside the Arctic Circle, the picturesque village of Karesuando sits on the border between Finland and Sweden and is set on the edge of a vast wilderness where beauty, nature and wildlife abound. The two hotels – the Davvi Arctic Lodge and the Arctic Star – straddle the Finnish and Swedish border, respectively.
Santa Safari is one of the leading inbound tour operators in Lapland. Handling well over 10,000 clients each year, we provide a range of unforgettable activities, all set deep within the Arctic wilderness – snowmobiling, husky sledding and memorable Northern Lights safaris (to name just a few).
The Hotels Manager will responsible for the overall management of the hotels and will lead the team to deliver first-rate customer service and enhance product quality. Duties will include:
- Responsibility for the guests’ overall enjoyment of their stay.
- Resolve any issues that arise.
- Oversee a busy F&B team and take responsibility for the quality of the team’s production.
- Ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained on a daily basis.
- Manage the efficient running of the reception staff.
- Manage and control the costs of the business.
- Recruit and introduce the right people into your team.
The successful applicant should have:
- Hotel management experience.
- An outgoing personality, excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be well presented.
- Strong organizational skills and be able to implement and monitor systems and procedures ensuring attention to detail at all times.
- Good IT skills.
- An excellent command of written & spoken English.
This role will involve spending considerable time in Lapland (resident), particularly during the winter months when temperatures can drop to as low as -40C. This is a fascinating part of the world – magical, even – and we strive to ensure that our guests have a memorable stay in Lapland.
This is a permanent position, but a fixed-term arrangement can be considered for the right candidate.