Food and Beverage Director - Seagoing
7 days left
- Job Level
Food and Beverage Director – Seagoing
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew. Join our team and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Food and Beverage Director, you will be leading the food production, food services, beverage operation, and hotel stores (where applicable) departments to delight and serve our passengers consistent with the Company’s Core Values and brand strategy.
- Ensures that customer service and product quality standards meet or exceed Hotel Policies & Procedures for every passenger interaction
- Constantly monitors and promptly resolves all issues that affect shipboard Food and Beverage operations and the passengers’ cruise experience
- Consistently reviews Passenger Relations feedback, corporate reports, onboard Passenger in Focus files, Let Us Know forms, and other sources of information to identify trends and issues; takes prompt action to ensure that the team surprises and delights passengers
- Dependably leads the Food and Beverage management team in regular operational inspections to ensure Company standards are met or exceeded
- Regularly oversees the day-to-day operational efficiency and quality assurance for all areas of responsibility, and develops controls when standards are not met
- Regularly ensures that all Food and Beverage and Hotel supplies and provisions are promptly received and carefully inspected; always spot-checks provisions for quality and quantity against the P.O./invoices and product specifications during every loading
- Constantly ensures the key performance metrics, including revenue cost and service standards are in line with Company targets and guidelines
- Regularly collaborates with Food and Beverage Managers to ensure that proper rotation, yield management, inventory allocation, distribution, and accounting procedures are followed at all times for Food and Beverage and Hotel storerooms (where applicable)
- Knows team’s role descriptions, delivers them to all team members (new joiners, returning crew, and promoted crew), and communicates clear expectations based on each role description
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members to become the Consummate Host
- Graduate of a recognized hotel/catering/culinary school
- 10 years of experience in Hospitality Senior Management position
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of hotel/cruise ship food and beverage operations
- Strategic planner, with an innovative, hands-on, practical management approach
- Ability to lead and motivate employees in pursuit of company goals
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex issues from crew and management
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.