Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
Full job details
The Atlantic Dubai
Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
Food & Beverage, Restaurant Manager
The management team at Solutions Leisure are excited to invite applications for a Restaurant Manager position for our world renowned restaurant The Atlantic Dubai.
The below are essential:
- 2-3 years previous experience similar role.
- Have a minimum of WSET 2 (as we are very wine focused).
- Have a very good knowledge of sea food and allergies.
- Supervise and control the running of the restaurant in line with our Mission Statement and Cycle of Service.
- To prepare the dining room, including all necessary mise-en-place for service; serve customers in a professional, efficient and courteous manner.
- To train the restaurant team.
- To treat our guests like Superstars!
- Oversee the service of food items within Restaurant areas and maintain overall responsibility for food service.
- To ensure all line FOH staff abide to our Cycle of Service at all times.
- To ensure that FOH staff report for duty and that the restaurant is adequately staffed.
- Ensure breaks are organized in accordance with fluctuations in the volume of business.
- Liaise regularly with General Manager regarding departmental performance and ensure he is informed of any relevant information or issues.
- Perform a duty manager role while on shift, taking sole duty management responsibilities for the Venue.
- To liaise with customers regarding special functions.
- To ensure that table and station mise-en-place is impeccable.
- To ensure that faults and defects are reported to Maintenance and actioned without delay.
- To maintain high standards of morale and personal appearance of all staff.
- To ensure fairness and equitable discipline, and comply with Company regulations.
- To investigate and action the causes of staff grievances.
- To be aware of all statutory regulations affecting safety and ensure that any safety hazard are reported and rectified.
- To ensure that all stocks and supplies are timeously requested, correct stock levels maintained and stored under optimum conditions.
- To ensure regular stocktaking of all operating equipment at specified intervals.
- To ensure that operating equipment is used properly.
- To ensure effective communication by attending meetings as required and holding staff meetings on a regular basis.
- To hold regular On-the-Job training sessions.
- To give feedback on guest complaints and comments.
- To maintain a high degree of interest in self-development.
- To clean agreed designated areas, in accordance with laid-down procedures, morning/evening routines and hygiene requirements.
- To be totally familiar with the composition of all menu items.
- To serve food and beverages in accordance with laid-down standards, but above all in a professional and courteous manner.
- To ensure that customers are correctly charged, present the bill and take payment from the customer, in accordance with the procedures of the establishment.
- To take part in any fire or evacuation drills and ensure complete familiarization with all exits, including those normally used by customers, as well as fire escapes.
- Ensure any suspicious packages or parcels reported to management are assessed and reported without delay to the relevant authorities.
- To maintain internal staff files with training documents, appraisals, and any other relevant documents.
- To act as a positive ambassador for the business.
- Carry out any other reasonable request asked by the management.