Spa therapist- Jumeirah Messilah Kuwait
Full job details
About Jumeirah & The Hotel:
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
The Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel and Spa is ideally located in a secluded area with easy access to Kuwait’s Central Business District, airport and major attractions. Currently in its soft opening phase, the beachfront resort features 316 rooms and suites, 80 residential suites and 12 villas, six restaurants along with cafés and lounges, a 3 500 m2 ‘Talise Spa’, a 200-metres private beach, two swimming pools and a children’s play area. Additionally, extensive conference and banqueting facilities are available, including a showpiece 1950 m2 Badriah ballroom.
About the Job:
An exciting role has arisen for a talented and certified Spa Therapist to join the Talise Spa and Wellness Team at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of the role is to consult, advise and treat guests on wellbeing techniques and treatments, as well as operate and work in accordance with standards prescribed in the Spa Manual.
Your key duties will include:
- To welcome guests to the spa area and assist them prior to and after their treatments.
- Perform facials, manicure, pedicure and massages.
- Perform professional services according to standards with attention to detail and in a prompt timely manner.
- Advise guests of spa service programs, treatments and products available at the spa.
- Assist in promoting spa and body care products to guests and offer full product knowledge.
- To request, collect, replenish spa supplies in accordance with minimum stock levels.
- Ensure all treatment rooms are fully set up before beginning a treatment according to standards and procedures.
- Communicate through appropriate guest cards / logbook on any guest related matters, products or equipment needs, technical service requests, etc.
- Assist in keeping accurate written records of treatments and products used in view of repeated guests.
- Participate in on-going trainings and continue to study and improve spa skills.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag and follow good hygiene habits and standards at all times.
- Any other duties that may be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role you will have a recognised international qualification in Spa Therapy. It is desirable that you have CIDESCO/ITEC/CIBTAC qualification.
You will also have a minimum of two years experience of working in a similar role in high quality spa in a five star hospitality environment and be able to demonstrate that you are competently able to carry out a variety of beauty and spa therapy treatments.
As well as the technical experience, it is also essential that you have very good people skills and are fully customer focused. Experience of interacting with clients of different nationalities and managing an individual's expectations is paramount.
A good command of the English language (verbal and written) is essential as well as proficiency in MS Office packages.
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and benefits which includes: housing, vacation ticket allowance equivalent to a return ticket to home country every year, medical insurance coverage, incentive plans, life and accident insurance, laundry, meals and transportation.