Spa Therapist who is certified from international Spa Institute as NVQ, ITEC, or CIDESCO
Scope of the Position:
• To assist the Senior Therapist in conducting the operations and administration of the Department.
• To perform therapies/treatments as required to the highest possible standard while adhering to the standards prescribed in the Six Senses Spas Manual.
• To check the booking schedule during the day to ensure that the guest details such as guest name, villa number and special requirement are noted.
• To ensure the health assessment form are updated and filed. To complete written prescriptions for guests whenever applicable.
• To promote the Spa treatment and retail all the time, as well as to understand the wellness program and to help promoting it.
• To clean and maintain the treatment room according to his or her designation treatment room and ensure that supplies are enough at all times and as per Six Senses Spas standards.
• To inform and to coordinate with the superior any maintenance issue as well to follow up.
• To report lost and found items and submit guest incident reports to the Management.
• To handle guest complaints and record all guest comments.
• To participate in training as required.
• To help the receptionists whenever possible.
• To establish good guest relations and rapport with all spa hosts and guests at all times.
• To report to duty punctually and well groomed as well as presentable at all times according to the Six Senses Spas grooming standards.
• To have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Spa Team rules and regulations.
• Have a complete understanding and engage 100% with the Six Senses Vision and Values and its application in every task associated to the host’s duty.
• Minimum of 2 years in a similar position in spa industry/hotel/resort at a luxury 5 star level.
Qualifications and Language:
• Must be a certified Spa Therapist, certification from any of these institutes NVQ, ITEC, or CIDESCO is preferred
• Computer literate and knowledge on internet applications
• Good English with the ability to communicate clearly, additional language would be beneficial.
• Spa Industry/Resort/Hotel Experience
• Outgoing, guest-oriented, service-minded, strong physical condition, flexible, and has a passion for self-improvement
Package of Benefits and Entitlements:
• Basic monthly salary is competitive, free of tax.
• Is eligible to 7% commission on treatments and 3% commission on retail sales
• Hours of work are 45 hours per week, including 30 minutes break in a day, with 2 days off per week.
• 30 days paid annual leave (including off days).
• Other leave: Paternity - 6 days, Maternity - 50 days, Sick Leave – as per Oman Labour Law, Pilgrimage (Hajj) – 15 days, Emergency – 6 days a year, Marriage – 3 days one time during employment and Bereavement – 3 days immediate family and 2 days indirect family.
• Public Holidays as per the published list by the Government of Oman (Normally 13 days per year).
• Joining and end of contract economy air ticket.
• Vacation economy return air ticket to home country after 2 years of service.
• A group medical insurance scheme covering accidents and hospitalization benefits.
• Complimentary trips to Dibba, Oman & Dibba,UAE every day; Dubai, UAE on daily basis for 6 days per week; and Muscat trip once weekly.
• Semi furnished single room on a shared facilities basis at the resort.
• All meals provided complimentary in the Host Restaurant.
• Laundry for uniform and 3 pieces of personal clothes per day.
• Entitled for end of service Gratuity of 15 days pay for each year of service for the first three years and one month for each of the following years in service. Shall not be payable if the duration of service is less than 1 year. Applicable to expats only.