Personal Trainer - Talise Fitness - Burj Al Arab
Full job details
About Jumeirah and the Hotel:
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues, in a world class environment. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the Burj Al Arab soars to a height of 321 meters dominating the Dubai coastline. At night it offers an unforgettable sight surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.
About the Job:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fitness Professional to join Talise Fitness at Burj Al Arab. The main purpose of this role is to provide professional individual and group fitness classes, assistance to guests in the areas of proper exercise technique, workout efficiency, safe weight training and personal fitness motivation.
Your key duties would include:
- Conduct individual and group fitness sessions, choose appropriate music, and choose different movements for each set of muscles, depending on participants’ capabilities and limitations
- Assist in organising and conducting workshops and events
- Provide pre and post fitness assessments
- Instruct participants in maintaining exertion levels in order to maximize benefits from exercise
- Evaluate individual’s abilities, needs and physical conditions, and develop suitable training programs to meet any special requirements.
- Offer alternatives during fitness sessions to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Observe participants and inform them to corrective measures necessary for skill improvement
- Monitor participants’ progress and adapt programs as needed.
- Provide guest with information and resources regarding nutrition, weight control and lifestyle issues
- Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion
- Administer emergency first aid, wrap injuries, treat minor chronic disabilities or refer injured persons to physicians.
In order to be considered for this role, you should have High level fitness Instructor Qualifications and / or sports science related HND Degree and or a minimum of UK Reps level 3 or equivalent. A Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a senior Fitness Consultant or similar environment and a minimum of 6 years of previous work experience with solid track records and strong references is essential for this role.
You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills. You will have good command of the English language (spoken and written) and must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
About the Benefits:
This position offers a highly competitive salary and package which include: your own studio accommodation/live out allowance, free transport to and from your place of work, uniform, laundry services, meals during working hours, annual flight allowance, medical coverage, life and accident insurance, retail and leisure discounts, 50% discount off Jumeirah F&B Outlets and reduced hotel rates.