Regional Director Revenue Management MEA
The Regional Revenue Director, Middle East & Africa has responsibility for all aspects of Revenue Management for the MEA region and their assigned portfolio of managed & franchised hotels. He/she will work closely with regional/central leadership in understanding development within the MEA sub-region, delivering RM brand standards and promoting best practices as well as monitoring same for compliance.
Their primary purpose is to serve participating hotels in the assigned territory, providing direction and Revenue Management services working closely with the on property Revenue Management teams, Regional Manager(s), Specialist(s) and Analyst (s), providing weekly and monthly advocacy to promote property engagement within the region. This will be accomplished via audits of the property’s existing system(s) set-up; building, maintaining, managing and communicating the entire rate loading process; and analyzing competitive rate shopping reports to ensure inventory availability and rate parity in all applicable distribution channels including the central reservation system – CRS, various GDS, Third Party Internet Sites and the PMS.
The Regional Revenue Director, MEA creates strategies to maximize their region’s room revenue and to grow the RevPAR Index (market share) and profitability for each hotel in the portfolio. The Regional Revenue Director will be responsible for achieving three primary accomplishments: ·Developing a professional and trusted relationship with the hotel teams and other key revenue management stakeholders ·Developing an appropriate Revenue Management strategy, including pricing, positioning for all managed & franchised portfolio hotels within their territory ·Creating alignment with the hotel teams and other key revenue management stakeholders on Revenue Management strategy and pricing
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly; both oral and written communications.
- Must have strong project and time management skills
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to work well in stressful situations, including ability to handle property(s) questions and concerns with satisfactory results.
- Must be able to work on multiple tasks.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary with or without supervisors’ guidance.
- Ability to analyse, interpret and explain statistical data, to develop strategies and generate a course of action.
- Strong mathematical comprehension.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must have the ability to assimilate information, data, etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must have effective presentation skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills that build trust and in still confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Must be effective at listening, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by key clients, co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information, data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- High proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint Microsoft Outlook, Salesforce, Internet Browser and any other systems that may be designated by the company.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
- BA/BS Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience level within Revenue Management, Data Management, Reservations, or Front Office
- Must have significant experience of Revenue Management within an internationally branded hospitality environment at management level
- Experience with hotel property management systems or central reservation systems
- Proficient in Revenue Management systems, hotel property management systems, and industry related reporting protocols
- Previous experience of stakeholder management is required
- Fluency in English is essential, Arabic would also be beneficial
- Must be a proficient user of Microsoft office programmes, particularly Word and Excel
- Previous experience in creating and managing reports and ensuring integrity of data between various data sources