Director of Finance
Rosewood Tucker’s Point is seeking a Director of Finance who, as a member of the resort's senior management team, will provide business and financial leadership and guidance in all matters relating to operation of the resort. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage and lead the hospitality accounting team in the production of timely and accurate monthly operating statements and management reports.
- Prepare annual operating and capital expenditures budgets, monthly forecasts, and analyze and report on monthly variances.
- Implement, monitor, and adhere to operating procedures and controls in accordance with local and corporate policies. Interact regularly with the resort's management team to achieve these goals.
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and collection functions for the hotel, spa, and club.
- Prepare for and co-ordinate the resort's annual external audit.
- Oversee the reconciliation of bank accounts and all other balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
- Ensure collection and payment of applicable local taxes.
- Negotiate and monitor contracts with hotel’s vendorsDirect cash management activities to ensure proper use and timely availability of funds.
- Have a thorough understanding of the resort's hotel management agreement, and advise senior management accordingly.
- Oversee management of the resort's information technology and purchasing/logistics departments.
- Have a solid understanding of working with HOA guidelines and Budgets
Candidates should possess:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Proven record of successful, progressive management experience in the hospitality industry with a minimum of five years experience as Director of Finance/Controller in a full-service luxury hotel/resort environment with stand-alone accounting systems.
- Detailed knowledge of GAAP and the Uniform System of Accounts for Hotels and Clubs, point of-sale systems, property management systems ( i.e. Opera, V-1, etc.) and general business and financial reporting systems ( i.e. Hyperion, Lotus Notes, Enterprise, MS Office, MS Great Plains, etc.)
- Ability to assemble, analyze and understand integrated spread sheets, databases, and complex technical information.
- Effective management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of all jobs in accounting, purchasing, systems management, and food and beverage control areas.
- Strong leadership skills with demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.