Italian Chef - Bucharest
Our Italian Chef is accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations of our Caffe Citta restaurant (with an authentic Italian a-la-carte specific) within Radisson Blu Hotel Bucharest. He/she is an outgoing personality with focus on guest and team interaction. Supervises Caffe Citta kitchen to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Delight the guest:
- Manage all aspects of Caffe Citta restaurant Kitchen
- Create menus that meet and exceed customers' needs and conform to brand standards
- Ensure the consistent production of high quality food In Caffe Citta
- Develop active relationships through proactive interaction with guests, team colleagues, contractors, and suppliers
- Actively seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of menu items, special promotions, functions and events
Develop the team:
- Identify an effective approach to developing Citta kitchen team and ensure implementing the development plans of the team members
- Resolve, promptly and completely, any issues that may arise in the Citta kitchen or related areas among guests and colleagues; recruit, manage, train and develop the kitchen team
- Ensure that staffing levels are maintained to cover business demands
- Ensure monthly communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Regular review of all Italian menus with Food and Beverage manager to confirm offerings are in line with market trends
- Manage Citta kitchen operations, including budgeting, forecasting, resource planning, and waste management
- Ensure food control systems are adhered to so margins are on target in a pro-active way
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety and food safety legislation
- Ensure maintenance, hygiene and hazard issues are dealt with in a timely manner
Drive the business:
- Ensuring adequate resources are available according to business needs
- Control costs without compromising standards, improving gross profit margins and other departmental and financial targets
- Ensure food wastage program is adhered to as per the company guidelines
Responsible for ensuring that the monthly working schedules are made and maintained in accordance with local legislation
Radisson Blu® is one of the top international hotel brands, with more than 280 hotels in operation in 62 countries. Hospitality vibrant, contemporary and engaging, Radisson Blu is characterized by a unique philosophy of service - Yes I Can!SM!
Located on Calea Victoriei, Radisson Blu Hotel is the largest five-star hotel in Bucharest. With a total of 487 rooms, 8 restaurants and bars, Radisson Blu Hotel sets new standards in terms of architecture and spectacular interior design.
Please click below to apply for this job and we look forward to hearing from you!