Director of Events Managements
Shangri-La Hotel, Doha is located in the heart of the premier business district; West Bay is the first choice for international business travelers among other luxury hotels in Doha. Shangri-La Hotel, Doha delivers a unique blend of Asian and Qatari Hospitality. The luxurious accommodation and lifestyle facilities are complimented with the most exciting collection of dining and entertainment choices, offering exceptional value.
Under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Sales and Marketing, the Director of Events Management leads and directs the Events Management Team to achieve the catering revenue goals set by the Hotel through specific sales strategy implementation outlined in the Marketing Plan.
He/she is responsible for driving and providing training and personnel development to the team as well as contributing ideas and feedbacks to the operation teams for service enhancement. You will be required to perform the following, but not limited to:
• Develop catering account portfolios, sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment of these goals to the hotel’s overall business strategy
• Lead the event management team in generating and developing leads for the catering segments; Corporate, Social, Government and Association
• Maximize catering revenues through proper control of function space utilization and assigns function according to guidelines and policy set forth
• Ensures the sales and events management team are in full compliance with the space cut-off date and events booking policy
• Ensure all site inspections are carried out in a professional, effective manner creating bespoke “WOW” experiences wherever necessary
• Ensures that there is a primary contact for all third party meeting planners are replied to within SLIM timelines
• Maintains close rapport with key local stakeholders in order to build up potential database
• Personally get involved with organization of high profile events and/or catering events with a high financial impact or as directed by the DOSM
• Assists the DOSM in the development and execution of the marketing plan which relates to event management strategies and tactical actions
• Establishes and develops catering revenue budgets and forms accurate forecasts to guide the hotel revenue team in the decision making process as well as guiding the events team in their activities
• Sits in and actively participates in the regular revenue strategy meetings and ensures effective implementation of all action points.
Human Resources and Sales Organization
• With the guidance of the DOSM, establishes job descriptions, specifications and performance standards for the events sales associates
• Ensures that all team members have attended Sales and Marketing program and post training follow up is completed
• Put in place an effective way of managing “pop up” business (within 24/48 hours or arrival) in order to ensure key stakeholders are keep up to date
• Closely monitors the daily sales activities of the events team and the business productivity of each associate
Experience and Skills Required
We are looking for Director of Events Management who plays the key role and ensure to develop catering account portfolios, sales goals and strategies and ensures alignment of these goals to the hotel’s overall business strategy. He/She should be an energetic self –starter, with strong leadership skills.
At least 5 years of experience in the hospitality industry,
Works well both autonomously and as part of a team.
GCC, MICE & Destination Wedding Experience is an advantage.