Guest Relations Supervisor
Translated from Arabic, Meydan means ‘a meeting place’. Meydan Hotels, through its collection of luxury hotels & resorts, provides its guests and customers with a myriad of unique and iconic places to meet.
Whether it is a meeting of minds at a board meeting or a meeting of hearts at a wedding reception, Meydan Hotels has unrivalled venues that make its properties the place to meet.
Meydan Hotels not only personifies warm, authentic yet modern Arabian hospitality; it also represents luxury, elegance, space, style, action and serenity.
With its home in Meydan City, a prestigious new business, sporting and lifestyle destination in Dubai, Meydan Hotels is ideally situated at the epicenter of one of the world’s most exhilarating destinations. Its portfolio currently includes The Meydan Hotel and Bab Al Shams Desert Resort and Spa in Dubai.
Scope of the Role
As Guest Relations Supervisor, you will manage the needs of VIP Guests and inform other Team Members of VIP needs in order to ensure an exceptional Guest experience. A Guest Relations Supervisor is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Meet, greet and direct Guests who enter the lobby area
- Serve as the main point of contact for VIP Guests and ensure hotel departments are fully briefed on their requirements
- Seek verbal feedback from customers on a regular basis and respond to all Guest queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage, record and resolve Guest or customer complaints promptly
- Ensure a very high level of customer service is constantly maintained for Reception, Lobby area and Executive Lounge
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of all facilities and services provided within the hotel and identify opportunities for up-selling and promoting when appropriate
- Show creativity with ideas regarding lobby/reception decoration at suitable seasonal time periods in order to enhance the overall image and warmth of this area for the Guest
- Communicate with the Executive lounge team members and track and reward regular Guests for their loyalty and creativity; choose rewards that meet Guest preferences while remaining within the allocated budget
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas
- Maintain staffing levels to meet business demands
- Attend all Reception meetings and Executive Lounge Meetings
- Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
- Assist with other departments, as necessary
Education: Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent
Experience: Minimum of two years hospitality experience in a large volume resort or business hotel in Guest Relations Department.
English language (written and oral), as well as the ability to speak, read and write clearly. Public speaking skills / certifications highly regarded. Others languages will be a big plus.