Manager Maintenance | Qatar Aircraft Catering Company | Qatar | Doha
To ensure that maintenance plans for a range of assets are prepared sufficient to underpin the effective and efficient achievement of operational availability targets, ensuring that everything works when it needs to. Manages, supervises and controls all Qatar Aircraft Catering Company ( QACC ) operations and other facilities that QACC operate in, in all locations to ensure a safe and efficient working environment at all times, maximum life -span and return on liaises with contractors, oversees contracts for maintenance issues, reviews and manages works completed by contractors or external stakeholders.
- Designs, implements, and monitors programs and plans for preventive maintenance, equipment replacement
- Develop business requirements in terms of equipment and buildings from forecasted growth in order to ensure business opportunity
- Assist in the development of the next phase of QACC utilizing data obtained from internal stakeholders in order to provide strategy team with QACC requirements.
- Ensure that for a range of assets planned work maintenance regimes are in place which deliver operational availability targets at optimum cost
- Ensure that management by information is practised, that effective performance review takes place on an ongoing basis, that measurement and review drives, continuous improvement
- Ensure that planned work plans and the associated costs are prepared and that managers are effectively supported in agreeing budgets during the budgeting cycle. Subsequently ensure budget plans are converted into the effective and efficient maintenance work programmes
- Review facilities in relation to current and forecast business growth and prepare annual budgets and long- term plans to ensure that facilities are compatible with achieving or exceeding company targets in a safe and efficient manner
- Manage all activities related to the maintenance of buildings and equipment at all sites via regular close working relationships with QR corporate services.
- Deliver the maintenance work programme, financial and other support services necessary to underpin delivery of an excellent value maintenance service
Management & Leadership
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align with and support business objectives
- Regularly evaluate the department or teams objectives, plans, procedures, and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed
- Oversee and supervise employees. Direct daily activities, recruit , train, develop and discipline to ensure a high standard of service delivery
- Take responsibility for own going personal and growth of expertise
- Train and develop other employees, for proper succession planning and risk management
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of Department
- Responsible to ensure that employees at all levels understand work, health and safety requirements and expectations through provision of relevant QR Group induction, information, instruction, training and supervision
- Take a direct and personal interest in reported injuries, incidents, near misses and hazards to ensure that appropriate reporting, investigation and response is being achieved.
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent
- Expert minimum 8 years of job -related experience required
- 5 Years experience in a similar role
- Experience in catering or food facility
Job Specific Skills
- Practical and technical knowledge of electrical or refrigeration systems
- Managerial skills- Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills. Ability to train and develop subordinate's skills. Ability to foster teamwork among team members