Full job details
Nassima Royal Hotel Dubai is the ideal destination for business and leisure luxury hospitality. Built to inspire modernity, style and luxury, this five-star hotel, stands elegantly on a 51 storey slick glass tower on the prominent Sheikh Zayed Road, in the heart of cosmopolitan Dubai.
As Fitness Instructor, you serve as an integral component of the Spa & Health Club function by supporting the Spa & Health Club Team.
Gym Instructor will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
1.Interview, measure and evaluate guests’ abilities, needs and physical condition and suggest suitable fitness program to meet requirements. Monitor individual progress and adapt programs as needed.
2.Plan physical education programs to promote development of physical attributes and social skills.
3.Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing sports, recreational activities, and the optimum use of exercise equipment.
4.Teach and demonstrate use of training equipment and weights and explain purpose of usage. Teach proper breathing techniques used during physical exertion.
5.Continuously update oneself on sports training/instructional methods and procedures and apply appropriately on situations.
6.Be knowledgeable on principles and methods of sports training, design, teaching and instructions, and the measurement of training effects.
7.Have the ability to exert yourself physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath.
8.Have the ability to exert muscle force repeatedly and continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
9.Design training programs and lead various recreational/aerobics activities.
10.Manage the responsible use and upkeep of all available systems and equipment at the gym. Ensure that all equipment is cleaned and maintained in good working order and coordinate every fault or breakdown to the service provider. Maintain equipment inventory.
11.Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
12.Supervise all exercise programs and ensure adherence to specified techniques.
13.Be flexible to cover shifts of various positions, within the spa and health club, and perform all related functions attached.
14.Not allowed to extend personal services outside of working hours and outside of hotel premises unless with prior approval from hotel management.
1. Should be a Licensed or Certified gym instructor or fitness trainer
2. With Diploma or Vocational Courses/Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or any Gym Operations Certification
3. With minimum 2 to 3 years experience in 5 star luxury hotel or gym environment
4. Well Body built, physically fit, trained and qualified Fitness Instructor with previous experiences, preferably within the hospitality industry.
5. Must deal in a polite and sophisticated manner
6. Enthusiastic, courteous, helpful to colleagues & hotel guests
7. Can work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
8. Enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and hotel guests
9. Excellent Guest Relation Skills
10. Excellent command of English language, both spoken and written
11. Multiple language ability is considered as additional advantage
1. Minimum 3 years experience on the same or similar position in a luxury brand hotel chain
2. Good team player
3. Enthusiastic, courteous, helpful to colleagues & hotel guests
4. Can work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
5. Enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and hotel guests
6. Strong leadership ability
7. Good English communication skills
Your benefits will include
A competitive tax free starting salary and expatriates benefits as per UAE Law. Additionally, you will have opportunity to be connected with 600+ hotels of the Preferred Group worldwide.
As an employee of the Nassima Royal Hotel, you will be entitled to its employee benefits as well as those of Preferred Hotel & Resorts.