We are currently looking for a Cost Controller for the company’s 5-star property in Abha, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This 5-star property that features 120 luxurious rooms & suites that are fully equipped with the latest in technology and comfort, state-of-the-art health club, an exclusive spa, and two restaurants with an outdoor terrace that offers breathtaking views of the city.
Scope and General Purpose of Job:
- Under the general direction of the Financial Controller or his delegate and within the limits of the hotel’s policies and procedures, is responsible to liaise closely with the Food & Beverage Department on various operational and cost related issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- To prepare the costing for recipes and menus prepared by the Executive Chef and suggest the selling price.
- To perform test checking on the receiving of goods at the hotel and to see that the procedures are followed correctly.
- To perform random test counts in the Stores.
- To prepare Daily Flash Report of food costs.
- To prepare banquet revenue breakdown summary.
- To verify daily outlet void control sheets.
- To verify outlet open item report to see that correct pricing has been applied.
- To randomly test the inventory of outlets by reconciling the opening stock with the closing stock, taking account of store issues and sales.
- To verify and approve outlet food & beverage requisitions and forward them to Stores.
- To scrutinize requisitions for special events.
- To review and prepare outlet buffet costing periodically.
- To verify and control complimentary food and beverage order forms.
- To investigate major mini bar rebates and brief the Director of Finance.
- To post and file inter outlet bar transfers.
- To transfer POS (micros) revenue data and run the potential usage report.
- To verify daily receiving report.
- To prepare costing of invoices of imported items.
- To verify and record beverages received free of cost.
- To review and verify spoilage.
- To perform market surveys once in 6 months, necessary amendments should be made to the standard list of suppliers for food & beverage, in liaison with the Executive Chef, Purchasing Manager and Financial Controller.
- To analyse and prepare entertainment, complimentary, employee relation & employee meals cost at month end.
- To prepare inventory variation report.
- To prepare cost controller’s report.
- To advise all concerned, raise alarms when expenses and costs are high and are not in line with revenues generated
The ideal candidate should have:
- A degree in hotel management or accounting and at least two years previous experiences within a hotel environment.
-Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must,
-Results oriented, self motivated and with a positive attitude
-Ability to think laterally and have strong social skills and a presence
-Positive attitude and good communication skills
-Portray a fair leadership style
-Understanding Hotel Operations